Ratings for Dr. Anthony H. Sacks

I went to him because I hadn't been able to sleep for the past 2 years. After sending me to a neurologist who said I was fine he decided that my problem was mental and that I should see a psychologist. After a few sessions with a psychologist they determined that my problem was not psychological and recommended I visit an endocrinologist. Dr. Sacks refused to refer me to an endocrinologist and said that I didn't need to see one. He then prescribed various anti-depressants as sleep aids, none of them worked. He basically told me that at 23 years of age, he didn't know what my problem, there was nothing he could do to help me and I should check out an insomnia website. It's almost a year later and I finally have a diagnosis of chronic adrenal fatigue and neuroendocrineimmune dysfunction ... something an endocrinologist could have told me a year ago if he had referred me. By far the worst medical experience I've had so far.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr Anthony Sacks put us in the poor house with his lack of follow through. Could not treat my diagnosis however kept having me come back over and over and over, rather than refer me to the correct specialist. Wrong diagnosis and sarcastic attitude - I have a knee injury but he ignored the injury, would not treat said "your knee is not going to be like it was when you were 17" Duh! - said it was gout, turns out to be much more serious and now can not be corrected due to lack of treatment.....Stongley recommend you do not see this Dr if you want to get better...see him if you want to go untreated with possible negative results due to his lack of knowledge about serious problems. His answer to most all problems, is to prescribe another pill! I Found a Dr who knows what he is doing. I have a torn PCL and torn Meniscus. spent a lot of time in tremendous pain…..As a result I now have long term injury that can not be corrected....

flag | Submitted April 19, 2008

Always have to go in several times to get anything accomplished. Even for something like a sinus infection, I needed to be seen twice. Christmas Club Doctor. Keeps you coming back.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2007

A poor listener and not at all helpful. He exudes indifference.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Anthony H. Sacks's Credentials

• Univ Of Cape Town, Fac Of Med, Cape Town, So Africa (Grad. 1977)