Ratings for Dr. Steven Parnes

No help at all...told me to look on you tube for epiley maneuver and could do it at home, his assistant drew me a picture.....I have been struggling with vertigo symptoms for two weeks and was hoping for some answers, he couldn't take the time to do it, was so not impressed👎

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Parnes since 1990. He first started treating my tinnitus , then sinus infections that would not respond to antibiotics due to Tick infections also repairing my septum. I have heard others complain about his poor bedside manner but have never seen it myself . Imagine being the best in your field , with so many hours in a day. To me it seems like he is being stretched like a "Gumby doll" , yet always bounces back and teaches new students to help future generations. I would give my life for Dr Parnes. may God Bless him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I wouldn't visit another ENT. It's true he doesn't chit chat...but he's the best. I don't need a best friend, I need the best Dr. I find it amazing that after all of this time if there is an emergency at 2am he'll still head in to the hospital instead of passing the buck. Great man. He always repairs me after I abuse my ears. And yes, a lecture comes along with it!!! Thank you, Dr P!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr. Parnes does not include a follow-up visit for a 15 min in-office procedure that cost my ins. company $2,000. I questioned Albany Med billers and my own ins co. They urged me to write him a note and ask him to reconsider the charge. There was no response from him and he turned me over to a collection agency. I sinuses are still a mess. I can not taste or smell. He did not know anything about my condition even though my regular ENT sent all the information he needed. After the procedure I was sent out to the waiting room to wait for 15 mins. I was choking and coughing up blood. My husband was worried. Thank God the bathroom was available. They don't have a room to monitor you for 15 mins. Not a fan. Stay away.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

I was amazed with how quick Dr Parnes was able to diagnose what was going on wih the connection between my ear nose and throat. Previous I had been dealing with inflamed jaw ear throat and sinus issues and breathing problems. Other doctors thought I was dealing with a simple cold,typical congestion etc ..in less then 5 minutes he diagnosed me with a deviated septum which causes my breathing and sinus problems and my tonsils were enlarged. I am happy to finally get to the bottom of these issues but have to have surgery... Yes it is true he gets to the point...and straight forward..but now there are so many you tube videos to explain procedures it's easy to get answers

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Dr Parnes is the best there is hands down he is to the point because he if focused and he has a lot of patients to get to because he is the best at what he does. Dr Parnes has been a part of my life since I was a small boy and was injured in a car accident the injury made my cheek blow up when I cried or got excited, Dr Parnes performed one of the rarest surgeries on me then, no one else even knew where to start with me but a young (at that time) Dr Parnes did he fixed me right up and we are both in the medical books to this day for that procedure. Dr Parnes has performed other routine surgeries on me over the years and will be doing another this coming July, I trust him with my life I wouldn't even consider another Doctor, Dr Parnes will always be MY doctor. I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience with him. Thank you Dr Parnes for all you have done for me J.D

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

I waited an hour before asking if the doctor is running late, and the reply was -"would you like me to check". I was seen two hours after my scheduled appointment, no mention about the delay. Dr Parnes barely listened to my explanation of my issue, but seemed to focus more on his resident. The doctor's conclusion was to prescribe a medication and schedule a follow-up appointment. He also made a comment that my hearing was fine and in the same breath, while looking at my hearing test results, said you are almost due for a hearing aid. One month before my follow-up appointment I received a voice mail "that the doctor was not available on the scheduled date and that my appointment was cancelled - nothing about rescheduling! I understand that Dr Parnes has a good reputation as a ear specialist, but I believe he could be replaced by Albany Medical Center with a ENT doctor that has the same level of ability and also has some connection and responsibility to their patients.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Dr. Parnes seems to be an excellent physician - nice manner, steady hand, willing to explain things and kind enough to take Medicaid at a time when there is much need and many physicians refuse it. Unfortunately his staff lets him down. I have been waiting an inexcusable 8 days after three redundant telephone calls from me and two from my pharmacist to get a simple prescription filled that Dr Parnes asked his nurse to submit to my pharmacy on the day of my appointment with him. The office seems to be badly run, and it would be in Dr. Parnes' interest to make a change, or at least to crack the whip.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

I heard he was great but my experience was not. No post op instructions, no antibiotics after ear and sinus surgery...both got infected. No warning he was going to put large metal instruments up my nasal passage, I was squirming in the chair. Forgot he did ear surgery on me when I asked one week later during office visit. My daughter who is an RN witnessed all of the above...she was appalled.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

My son had surgery performed by Dr Parnes recently and although he may be a skillful doctor he is one of the most rude people we have ever met. Not only was he rude and uncaring but our experience with his office staff was equally so. My sons post op visit was very rushed with no time spent answering his concerns and he walked out of the room when my son was still speaking to him and did not even address the results of part of his surgery. Perhaps Dr Parnes needs to go back to medical school and learn that compassion and caring are also part of medicine.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr. Steven Parnes's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)