Dr. James R. Merryman

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James R. Merryman

Dr Merryman is wonderful! I have been his patient for 5 years and my husband went to him for years before that. I was a RN for 30 years and he follows the medical standards and is up to date on medical issues. He makes sure that he listens to what you are saying. I have seen him many times since my husband had cancer and then I was depressed over his death along with my medical problems. He asks about your life as well as the medical problems. He treats the whole person. The Austin Regional Clinic in general is very good and I would recommend it to anyone. They always have a few locations open on the weekends too for emergencies. They also have a 24 hr nurse line so you can always get the help you need without having to go to the ER unless emergency care is really needed. Dr Merryman is GREAT!!!!! Also, I have seen him with different insurances and always had great care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

This is one of the best Dr around and I would recommend him to anyone. He sits with you, listens you what you have to say, reviews your history, runs only needed tests, returns questions promptly. He is a very kind and caring man and seems to ENJOY what he does. He has been my Dr for over 6 yrs now.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Very caring and professional. Takes time to listen to what you have to say.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

My doctor for years, very helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2007

Did not like his personality or bedside manner at all.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2007

I have been a patient of Dr. Merryman's for over 15 years. He has helped me eliminate the need for asthma and allergy meds (thanks to his willingness to try Homeopathic and natural remedies) and he even helped me stop smoking. His office has gotten almost too busy over the years, but he truly does care. He is straightforward with his patients and gives you options and choices to make on your own behalf, which I respect greatly in a doctor. I have referred him to several people who have had successes with him.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2007

I saw Dr. Merryman for 4 years and would still be his patient if I didn't move to the Boston area. He is head and shoulders better than any other general practice physicians I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2005

Rude and says things to scare and discourage patients. Good with asthma treatment but that is about it.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. James R. Merryman's Credentials

• Univ Of N Tx Hlth Sci Ctr, Tx Coll Osteo Med, Ft Worth Tx 76107 (Grad. 1985)

Commercial Insurance Company