Ratings for Dr. Martin Hauptschein

If you need a doctor who seems not to care and never calls you back, Dr. Hauptschein is the Dr. for you"

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

I really like Dr Hauptschein and have been seeing him for years. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. He is to the point, but takes his time explaining any questions you may have. I am very much to the point also, but need my questions answered and he does. He has a terrific sense of humor, which is a plus!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

Dr. Hauptschein has made progress over the years (I've been seeing him for the past 30). His voice and manner are less abrasive. And he does not treat women like garbage - in fact he is nicer to them. Today when my husband had an appointment with him he (Hauptschein) was clearly having a bad day. As soon as we got out of the office my husband said he will never go back. I will, though. Strange as Hauptschein is, I like him and he's never been rude to me.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

dr Hauptschein is a fabulous doctor. He recommended a treatment that worked for me that no other doctor has been able to figure out for the last year. he is kind and took his time with me. he is very thorough. his manner is different but I like it. it is straight and to the point and he doesn't put on any airs.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Worst doctor I have ever been to in my life. I don't know what crawled up his ass, but 1) it smells (literally, he needs to learn how to wipe properly) and 2) affects his mood for the worse. It's impossible to judge his knowledge because his bad attitude is in the way. He has a problem walking, which perhaps make him feel bitter toward everyone else. I went in to the office somewhat asymptomatic and he treated me like an idiot that was making it difficult for him to give me a diagnosis. I was apparently wasting his precious time. He was anxious to be done speaking with me. I told him about a muscle tear in my rib cage, and wondered if I needed something for it, and he goes "I Don't know, you tell me." WHAT!?!?! Who does that!?!! How is he still in practice!??! What an ass. Not only that, but he has Old Testament rubbish hanging on the walls and treats his staff like garbage, and appears to treat women like garbage. I'm glad I don't know him personally.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

Dr. Hauptschein needs to wash before coming to work.He has strong offensive body odor. He changed my prescriptions to have no refills so that I now I have to go back to the clinic again just to have my meds refilled. I complained about my IBS and asked if he knew of anything other than librax he suggested activia yogurt and then he ordered a pregnancy test which I refused because I am bloated and 53 yrs. old and in menopause. He also ordered a test for vitamin d and a tetanus shot. Random nonsense that was a waste of my time. I waited 40 minutes because I needed my blood pressure and other meds refilled. After seeing me for 7 aggravating minutes he said I had to see my regular physician in order to get more than a single refill. The NP I saw the last time gave 3 refills so I know this was just what this doctor randomly decided to do and it has affected my life negatively because I have run out of my meds again and still don't have another appointment scheduled.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr. Martin Hauptschein's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1979)

Multiplan