Ratings for Dr. Robert F. Spetzler

Thanks to Dr Spetzler I'm still alive 15 years later. Thank you Doctor Spetzler. I had the best specialist and care at Barrow's . I live in Phoenix.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I have had 2 brain tumors . one at 40 yrs. old and again at 42. Spetzler was my surgeon. He's the BEST!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

He is as God. Removed my AVM with no deficits. Went back to work after 3 weeks. He is a man of few words, but he best in what he does.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I was harmed by Dr. Spetzler. The operation he performed should have been straightforward but he gave me an unnecessary stroke. His team did a bad job of telling me what to expect.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Thank your for saving my life. I suffered from a anuerysm in my sleep and after being transfered to two different hospital before i finally arrive at St. Joseph Dignity. He was the only surgeon that could clip it and save my life.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Spetzler is a phenom in his field. In 2007 I was diagnosed with a brainstem cavernoma that was bleeding and was told by Connecticut and NYC hospitals that they would not operate because it was too risky. After some research I sent my MRI to his team and was told they would give me a 95% success rate. A month later after rehabbing from my bleed which left me cross eyed and paralyzed on my left side I saw Dr. Spetzler and he,like no one else,said you will be fine let's do it. Literally 1 hour after I came out of surgery I got out of my bed and walked around unassisted and my eyes were straight!!!Now over 6 years later I am doing great considering the location and severity of what could have happened. He is the ONLY neurosurgeon to see for surgery and has saved many lives. Thankyou Dr. Spetzler and team at Barrow :)

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr Spetzler is a gifted surgeon with a warm bedside manner. He clipped my carotid aneurysm 2 years ago, and I am doing fine. He and his staff are very proficient and knowledgeable. I did my research and went to the best. Thank you, Dr. Spetzler and God bless.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Dr Spetzler is Excellent. He removed my AVM in December 2013.So thankful and blessed everyday.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

My wife had a avm in the ponds region and had to bleeds in a one week period, both bleed individually could have killed her, by way of intense research and explosive prayer I came upon his practice and his miracles, my wife had been considered hopeless due to the size and location of her cavernoma, this man not only removed this successfully, but my wife is jogging again, this experience has changed our lives, I was told that this was the largest ever removed from the ponds region of the brain, I hope someone in his practice reads this and tells him this, we love you Doctor and pray for you and your family. Thank you, thank you, thank you Robert Mac, Houston TX

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

My wife just had a difficult tumor taken out of her brain. Other surgeons we talked to said it would be a partial removal due to its closeness to the optic nerve and the carotid artery. Dr Spetzler just did a total removal with no problems. An amazing surgeon and man. He saved my wife's life.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Dr. Robert F. Spetzler's Credentials

• Spanish

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1971)

MSP/BC Med