Ratings for Dr. Joan M. Macksey

Dr. Macksey is def. a trip, but is great at what she does. She delivered my little girl 6/30 with ease. Found her brand of dry humor quite, well, humorous.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Please do not allow this woman to be your obstetrician. Her treatment of me was terrible.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

very helpful...returns all my phone calls....calls personally to give me the result of most test.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

I was ref. to Dr. Macksey for a possible ectopic pregnancy and an ultrasound. I was told that it was an emergency situation. Dr. Macksey came into the room that my husband and I were in and asked many questions. She acted like we had done something wrong and were sent to the principals office. It was a very uncomfortable situation. She was very condencending and rude. If she did not agree with my answers she made comments or faces. She told me she was not doing the ultrasound and that I was "not in enough pain" to have an ectopic pregnancy. Thankfully the staff member that booked my ultrasound with another location saw the pain I was in and called in a favor. I was seen the next day. I was taken to the emergency room. Not only did I feel like I was going to die, I probably would have. I was told my abdomen was filled with blood and I had an ectopic pregnancy that had ruptured. There are no words to describe how I felt at that point.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Joan Macksey showed concern and was very knowledgeable. We need more doctors like her.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

She told me "don't tell me you're one of THOSE people" when I said I wanted a natural childbirth (Bradley method). She kept asking me why, and despite my reasons for no pain meds, continued to ask "you still want an epidural, right?" I had gestational diabetes, but still wanted a natural birth (i.e. walking during labor, no continuous IV) and she told me I was a "walking liability," then she told me the hospital policy required a continuous IV for laboring moms (not true), that I would be endangering my child's well-being if I didn't have a continuous IV, wanted to walk during labor, etc. She was demeaning, rude, and would not acknowledge me or my husband when she walked in the room until we greeted her. Had to watch the staff - they tried to test me twice for the same thing, left multiple urine specimens uncovered in the bathroom, and made several other mistakes. I left her practice, and am so thankful - had a great birth with another dr.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. Joan M. Macksey's Credentials

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)