Ratings for Dr. Maung H. Aung

Best doctor in the world when it comes to seizures! Saved my father's life and then my best friend's life who developed seizures as well. There is nobody better who knows about seizures than Dr. Aung. He has every right to be arrogant - because he's the best and you should consider yourself lucky if you get the opportunity to be treated by him!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

Worst doc ever. Ignores patients. Arrogant so much that even his staff were worried and called us later to apologize.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

A real horrible experience. So bad that I still get angry at him even thinking about it. I even thought of complaining to the hospital on his behavior. He is very conceited, arrogant, and not willing to listen. And above all, he does not have sound knowledge or basic diagnostic abilities. He refused to divulge side effects of a medicine to me and when I politely tried to tell him about the side effects, he got angry. Do not trust the feel-good reviews, I really think he or his staff have filled them up. If I were you I would not trust my health on Dr. Aung.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2007

I visited Dr. Aung in 1994 at the age of 43 because of a lifelong problem with epilepsy. Prior to finding Dr. Aung, I was unable to find answers to the recurring problems with seizures, which had grown worse over the years. Dr. Aung was diligent in his efforts and determined that a scar on the right side of my brain caused by a high fever when I was an infant had led to my hounding problems with epilepsy. I had four seizures Dec. 5, 1994, only one day before Dr. Aung teamed with neurosurgeon Dr. Thomas Waltz of Scripps to perform a right-side lobectomy, which cured me of epilepsy. I am now seizure-free and I no longer take any medications at all. I owe my new life to both Dr. Aung and Dr. Waltz, whose combined efforts not only changed my life but probably saved it, too.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2006

Dr. Aung is not the kind of doctor who will run diagnostic tests with the goal of finding something to treat. He uses a holistic approach where the patient's well being is his primary goal. In my experience, other doctors are quick to suspect all kinds of issues, and write prescriptions, even if there is no diagnostic proof that you really need them. He was extremely punctual for his appointments (I typically would arrive 20 mins ahead and I never waited more than a couple of minutes to see him).

flag | Submitted July 19, 2006

This was the best doctor I have ever gone to. He was VERY knowlegeable in the medical realm and told me exactly what was wrong with me, and he even told me all the possible options for treating it. I am very overwhelmed with gratitude for this wonderful doctor who saved my life!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2006

I couldn't tell if he was knowledgeable or not, since he refused to tell me what was wrong. Another neurologist referred me to him because of "abnormal" eeg, but he flatly refused to say what was abnormal. If what was wrong didn't fit any standard diagnosis, fine, but he still should have told me what was abnormal. This was extremely condescending since I have the necessary training that would have allowed me to understand any neuro jargon he'd like to throw at me. In addition, while I was in the waiting room, I got to witness a drug company representative show up and ask his secretary if he could give the doctor a whole range of expensive gifts. She wasn't saying no. In fact, she seemed pretty receptive, like it was perfectly acceptable behavior. That was also pretty nauseating.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Maung H. Aung's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1963)