Ratings for Dr. Nikki Lang

Dr. Lang retired late in 2007, and Dr. Amy Kurzrok has taken over. Dr. Kurzrok's patients think very highly of her. Her personality is perfectly suited to being a doctor. She's personable, genuine, and cares deeply for her patients. She'll go out of her way for any of her patients. While Dr. Lang could not have found a better physician to replace her, a number of problems have plagued the practice since her departure. Dr. Kurzrok retained the entire support staff that had been with Dr. Lang for years. However since Dr. Lang's departure, the support staff has come to routinely neglect the daily business of running a doctor's office. Phones go unanswered. Routine requests for prescription refills take up to a week to be called in, if they ever get called in at all. Messages left for referrals and test results go unanswered. Calling to ask about a message that went unanswered is treated as an imposition on the office staff.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

The worst service in the world. I get better treatment at a clinic. The staff is rude and unhelpfu. They didn't greet me when I walked in and didn't even speak when I walked up 2 the desk. They spoke about their social lives as I waited to be seen, which was louder than a person on a cell phone in the library. Overall, I wolid say this is a very inprofessional place. By the way, the doctor is even worse. She gives medicine based on her opion w/o what any testing.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

Dr. Lang's creates a patnership with her patients and really listens and can related to a patient's struggle with following healthy eating and exercise routines. Her advice is practical, and easily implemented. She has a wealth of medical knowledge and stays abreast of the latest medical treatment options.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2007

From the moment I call to make an appointment with Dr. Lang, it is an unpleasant experience. First, her staff are rude, loud, and unprofessional both on the phone and in person. On several occasions while waiting to see the doctor, I have heard the staff bash patients who have just left the office or just phoned, calling them stupid because they don't know the referral process, don't understand the office hours, etc. Second, Dr. Lang dismisses my symptoms about 90% of the time. Luckily, I'm a pretty healthy person and do not need to see her frequently. But when I am sick, I dread having to go there because of her lack of care and understanding. The last time I was there she saw me for less then 3 minutes, told me to get a blood test, and that was that. I felt 100 times worse when I left, since I had no knowledge of what was wrong with me. At an earlier appointment, she called me obese and tried to sell me her diet book. Obviously, I am looking for a new physician.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2007

Dr. Lang takes the time to listen to all of your concerns. She is an excellent diagnostician. I have confidently referred many people to her, even my own mother.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

I have been with Dr.Lang for some time now and she is a GREAT doctor. She has been working with me on my chronic illness and has also found some lurking health issues that before were just written off to my chronic illness. Her office staff I agree could use some work but Dr. Lang is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2007

The other doctors (PA's, really) in her practice are usually great, but Dr. Lang herself is often overbooked. That said -- I AGREE 100% that the office staff is HORRIBLE. Rude, loud, not professional on the phone or in person. This alone makes anyone in need of medical care want to run in another direction. I can't think of a worse time to be treated with such gruffness -- when you are sick and in need of help...

flag | Submitted November 21, 2006

I have found this Dr.to be extremely arrogant and careless. She doesn't listen and never takes a complete history. I also agree that the front desk staff are extremely rude. Needless to say I am looking for a new physician.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2006

I was disappointed--i came in feeling very ill and left feeling very ill and dismissed. The front desk staff behaves atrociously--they are very rude and treat the patients like children...and not in a good way. Dr. Lang was very quick to dismiss my symptoms as no big deal. The specialist that I eventually went to never received my blood tests from her after more than three weeks. The specialist's diagnosis was thorough AND he made me feel like a person. I would not go to Dr. Lang again nor would I recommend her practice to someone who is interested in CARE.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2006

I disagree with the previous comment. I have been working with Dr. Lang to lose some weight because she actually takes the time to counsel me, and as a result my sugar and blood pressure have come under much better control. It took me a long time to understand how important my being overweight contributed to my health. She wasn't trying to get that patient to buy the book, she was trying to get he or she to read it. She gives you your money back when you bring it back. I do agree with the previous comments that some of the staff are not always the most helpful.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2006

Dr. Nikki Lang's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Pa, Philadelphia Pa 19129 (Grad. 1978)