Ratings for Dr. Samuel S. Messieh

Dr. Samuel S. Messieh is the best. I had been suffering for close to 5 years. Took medication, shots, etc. and nothing helped. I had heard a lot of good and bad about him. Talked to a few people that he had performed surgery on. Being 73 years of age I was a little apprehensive and also afraid. Made my appointment and within a week I had surgery. My visit was perfect, he explained absolutely everything - about the surgery - the down time. The staff in his office, the hospital staff, nurses and therapy at home was perfect. Everyone had so very much good to say about him. It has been 5 weeks - I did everything he said. He is my idol - after the past 8 months in excruciating pain and no live - he is a miracle worker. Thank You - Dr. Samual S. Messieh.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

So darn arrogant and picky as to whom he wants for his patients. I had been on pain medication for a few years for my neuropathy. He told me to return in 3 months off my pain medicine. Anyone with any knowledge of the pain medication know you don't stop cold turkey so I left that office and never nor will I return to him. Went elsewhere and got my knee replacement. Worse attitude I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Best care I have ever had Dr Messieh explained absolutely thee complete procedure and went exactly perfect Three nurses were available through the night etc etc Ver happy that he did my operation One week ago and I feel great walking around the house

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

This guy is the bee-knees. No pun inteneded. He did my Mom's knee replacement. She was up and walking the next day. Barley any scar. He is the best of the best. It pays to do your homework and everything I read on Dr. Messieh made me choose him. I recommend him to everyone. Excellent bedside manner. His assistants are great as well. Funny, polite and really know their field. They work together like a well-oiled machine. Keep up the good work guys!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

I recently had a total hip replacement completed on my left side , i waited too long to see the DR. mainly because i was being treated by another orthopedic DR> with injections I finally asked for a referral to DR. Messieh .I can not tell you how well i was treated by everyone in the office , Dr. Messieh replaced my hip at 7:30 am and i was walking down the hall at noon the same day the anterior surgery method is the only way to go and the Dr. is very proficient at it I was one night in the hospital and home with visits from home health care nurses , the nurses that visited my home said I wish all my patience were from Dr. Messieh needless to say i am very pleased and am actually looking forward to my other hip replacement in a few months

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Messieh did a good surgical job on my hip replacement, but he is a very arrogant person. On my follow up visits, instead of giving words of encouragement, he denegrates my progress telling me after one week I should no longer need the use of a cane. After one month, again in a very rude way, he says I should be walking 2 miles a day, not even taking into account the other health issues I have. Not every one recovers at the same rate. I think he needs to learn how to encourage is patients instead of denegrating them.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Friday Febuaryl 6th, doc and his team went into my right hip and removed 4 screws, a plate and rod with a pin. They then installed my new hip. Saturday the 7th I was sent home. At 4:30pm, I was enjoying Happy Hour on our front porch with 12 neighbors three of whom had either a hip or knee replacement by the doc. THANKS DOC, YOUR THE GREATEST!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I had knee surgery by Dr Messieh 2 months ago and I am going back for my second in 3 months he is so good I have full confidence in him and the Heart of heartland Hospital was great.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

He was great and didnt sugar coat my diagnosis and explained my choices but he's compassionate and confident, so that made my decision easier. Its that time again for another procedure and have every confidece and faith in God that gave him the skill to do what he does. His nurse Sherry, is wonderful, but other staff could use a a class in people skills.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I did not have a surgery. I had an injured knee treated. He is the best in our area and I would not go any place else. I used him for a second opinion and he proved to be right. If you need a knee doctor he is the one you need. I found his office people in Winter Haven were very attentive and pleasant. I waited about 10 minutes then I got an x-ray and waited 5 minutes in the doctors office then Dr Messieh treated me and I was out the door. Total time spent 20 minutes. For me that was very good service.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013