Ratings for Dr. Fred Kalenscher

New to practice as former Ped retired. Took us without hesitation but waited 1 1/2 hours on a school night at 8 PM. Office couldn't find my records I had transferred 3 months earlier. Not a great bedside manner but knowledgable. Former Dr. was same but she would take you right away and wait was 10 minutes at best. I used to complain about her manner but now I miss her terribly! Good Dr. With too large of a practice! He needs a partner! Time will tell if I remain. With a lack of good Drs. In Massapequa area, might start using Urgent Care! I refuse to wait for any Dr. Over an hour.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I've been going to Dr.K since I was born and now my 1year old son goes to him. He is very knowledgable and he answers all of my questions. The staff is very friendly and helpful. When I call up with an issue or a question Dr.K personally calls me which is great. Sometimes there is a little bit of a wait when they have an emergency but I don't mind because I would want my child to be seen first if I had an emergency. All in all I would recommend Dr.K to everyone.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I'm sorry to have to leave him after three years. My 16 month old had an appt yesterday and we were told it would be approximately a 90 minute wait. He's a great doctor but his staff is hideously rude and his wait times are ridiculous.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

I have used dr.k for 20 years, switched doctors to only get misdiagnosed 3 times, he never gives you antibiotics when you don't need them! Only when you need them will he and he is very accurate on which antibiotic to give you, people complaining about the wait time should not be because then he would end up rushing patients. I'd rather wait a little longer for a checkup then be in and out without a good examination. He is definitely the best doctor to take your children.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

I have been taking my children to Dr K for many years. I have to say that since his office got all the computerized records the scheduling is much improved! The wait times are not nearly as long, prescriptions are sent to my drug store electronically and it's great to have all the records available at each appt. There were one or two staff members I did not love but they are not there anymore. For the other commenters complaining, I think the issue is them -- many times I've seen rude parents complain and yell because they don't want to wait 30 minutes for a checkup. I wouldn't take my children to anyone else. He is thorough, never rushes, and will see us on the day of for a sick visit (other offices do not always do this and the wait times are worse).

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

I have been going to Dr. K for almost 10 years. Dr. K. is not necessarily overly warm with children but I find him to be extremely thorough and communicates well with parents. His staff's friendliness and helpfulness have improved greatly, within the last year. His wait time remains very poor where you will typically wait at least 1 hour for a scheduled appointment, which in the case of an urgent care requirement, I will tend to use other facilities (immediate cares).

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Terrible staff. Rude. Dr. K is the worst pediatrician. Do not use him. My friends and I have all left there. Run!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

I've been with Dr K for 7 years. He is very good with my 2 children and the office staff is very nice.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I love Dr. K as a doctor for my two children. He never makes me feel rushed and he will always see my kids the same day when they are sick. My son had croup when he was very young, and Dr. K. spoke to me in the middle of the night. We had to go to the emergency room, and Dr. K. called the hospital to let them know we were coming and then came to check on my son while he was there. He also called me after we got home just to check up on how my son was doing. I will say that I I find some of his staff to be very rude. Also, the wait is outrageous sometimes, and I feel it a lot more now that I have two children. If I didn't like Dr. K. so much, I would not tolerate the wait. Its a lot to ask a 10 month old and a 3 year old to wait for an hour and a half!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

Dr. Fred Kalenscher's Credentials

• Univ Cattol De Sacro Cuore, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Roma, Italy (Grad. 1982)