Ratings for Dr. PAUL G. Tarlano

Went to him for several years. Seems like the staff has a high turn over, sometimes he's rude to them by talking down to them, in front of patient. Anal about keeping MY purse across MY lap, he wants it on door where I can't see it during cleaning. Two times I showed up for appointments and once he was not there, the second time the office was closed. 30 minute drive, a waste. No time for driving there and can't get in. 1 time yea, maybe, twice? No. I changed dentists.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr. Tarlano has been my dentist since 1974.....He is a wonderful dentist...caring...knowledgeable...efficient...always on time....and as painless as possible.....I trust him to always do what is best for my teeth and gum care.Additionally, the staff is always friendly and helpful...

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

I CALLED TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT. DENISE WAS RUDE TO ME. SAID THEY WERE BUSY AND WOULD CALL ME BACK. 5 HOURS LATER I CALLED BACK, SHE SAID SHE WOULD RETURN MY CALL SOON. MINUTES LATER SHE CALLED WITH A SCHEDULED APPT., 3 WEEKS LATER, THE DAY OF APPT., THE DOCTOR CALLED TO CANCEL MY APPT.DUE TO LACK OF STAFFING AND DIANE WOULD CALL ME BACK LATER FOR ANOTHER APPT., ITS A WEEK LATER, NO PHONE CALL FROM DIANE. LOOKING FOR ANOTHER DENTIST!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Made an appt in early Aug. Had to wait over 4 wks for a cleaning. Took my daughter out of school, got to the office for the appt only to be notified that because they were unable to "confirm my appt by phone" they have cancelled the appt and I would have to reschedule! I dont think so...The receptionist was VERY rude. When I questioned the reasoning for the cancellation I was told that "if they cannot confirm the appt, it will be cancelled." There is not one sign in the place that states this. When I made the appt no one bothered to "verify" my info that was on file, that might be a good place to start if this is your policy. I will be finding a new dentist. Apparently my money was not that inportant to them.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

I would not recommend this dentist to anyone! His office has stepped out of the sixties even the waiting room magazines!!! He is rude to his staff in front of the patients, I even wonder how clean the outdated equiptment is. A cleaning is no more than what one can do by just brusing their teeth and he takes xrays every time you visit. Money money money

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

This dentist is very helpful and on time, good service. thanks!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

This doctor is very good. My tooth was aching for years and I was frustrated. The service was excellent.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2009

I would not recommend this office to anyone. Very outdated equipment. There is not even a computer to schedule appointments or a machine to run credit cards (imprint of card was taken)! Some of the staff was friendly but most of them were rude and made you feel uncomfortable. Dr. Tarlano did not explain anything he was about to do and if you're sensitive to those situations, it can be very frustrating as the patient. After a few unfavorable experiences with this office, we are switching dentists immediately.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

I would not recommend Dr. Tarlano for the following reasons: The office and equipment have not been updated in many years. There is trash-tv (talk shows and soap operas) on very loudly on a tv in the waiting room. Dr. Tarlano never directly talked to me, but instead would say to the assistant in the room, "Tell the patient such-and-such." He did not take x-rays, but was going to fill a cavity that he diagnosed just from looking at my teeth (thankfully I was pregnant at the time so he didn't fill it.) He did not explain anything he was doing and would just walk in and out of the room to do other things without saying anything. I did not feel comfortable there at all.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2007

All of my family except my autistic daughter have gone to him for years. We all like him very much & I think he is very good with the kids. He lets me go back with them, even with older kids. He doesn't hurt the kids when he has to fill a cavity. He is also very friendly & asks me & the kids questions about what's going on in our lives, & he remembers from visit to visit. His staff is also very friendly & personal. I would recommend him to anyone who has kids (or doesn't, he's great with adults, too). He won't sedate or restrain my autistic daughter, & that's the only way you could examine her, so I take her to a dentist that specializes in special needs kids.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2007