Ratings for Dr. James K. Detwiler

Dr. Detwiler is a very well respected physician in Central Oregon FOR A REASON. He is knowledgeable and kind, makes the patient feel at ease and like they are understood. He's one of the best in the area!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2008

Dr, James K. Detwiler is one of the most well known and respected physicians in all of central Oregon, and has been serving his pacients in this area since the 1970's. He not only took the time to see me, but was extremely helpful in diagnosing me and recommending me to a specialist that he knew personally. I cannot say enough about the charater and demenour of Dr. Detwiler, he is a wonderful man. He shows candor and the best elements of bed-side maner, and is courteous and professional, with the human contact that doctors need. I would not hesitate to ever recommend anyone to Dr. Detwiler or any of the fine family practice/pediatricians at Cascade Medical Group

flag | Submitted October 28, 2006

First he made comments about my medications, questioning why I was taking 'narcotic,' including a painkiller that had been prescribed by a partner in the same clinic. Then he preceded to prescribe a medication. I asked if it was an anti-inflammnatory and whether I should quit taking aspirin. He said yes to both questions. It turns out the medication he prescribed was ANOTHER powerful painkiller, which people usually are tapered on and off, and probably should not have been given in addition to the pain med I was already taking. Not knowing this I took his prescritpion, and became very depressed, sluggish and couldn't function. I nearly ended up in the hospital. I brought this to the attention of his colleague when I saw her a few weeks later and got no response.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. James K. Detwiler's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

Workers Comp