Ratings for Dr. Jonathan H. Wheeler

Rude and ill prepared to resolve any complicated pregnancy issue. Would never go back!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I so miss Dr. Wheeler. I wished that he was still at hoag office in Newport. I should be grateful that he was there to deliver my son. He's the best doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr. Wheeler and his staff are fantastic. I needed a procedure and from the time I phoned for my first appointment through my post op, he and his staff have been caring, knowledgable, professional. My surgery was scheduled very timely, the office staff phoned me twice after the surgery, just to see how I was feeling. I would recommend this Doctor and office to any woman in need of a gynecologist/obstetrician.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

I think Dr. Wheeler is a fine Gynecologist. I recently had a baby that he delivered and I can tell you that he is wonderful. The entire nine months of the pregnancy and beyond he has just been a great Doctor. Very professional and indeed and good bed side manner. His staff is also very good, especially Teresa Whitman. Highly recommend this Doctor and staff.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

I will tell you that I found Dr. Wheeler to have a lovely bedside manner. However, I one values the SKILL, REPUTATION AND EXPERTISE of a doctor. And knowing a good many physicians through my work in Orange County, I know that Dr. Wheeler is one of the best OB's around. He is the doctor you want if anything goes wrong. My delivery was perfect. I was feeling perfect within hours. Thank you Dr. Wheeler.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Wheeler and Theresa for 14 years now - Dr. Wheeler was my first OB at the age of 18. I have since moved to Los Angeles, but continue to make the drive to Newport for my visits as well as delivery at Hoag! I could not be MORE happy with the care I receive from Dr. Wheeler and his staff. From an OB - I am looking for direct, honest answers and advice, not a friend - and he is more than knowledgeable and caring when it comes to all things OB related. He works non-stop, knows my chart in and out - and I will continue to see Dr. Wheeler as long as he is practicing!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2010

I experienced excrutiating pain from what ended up being a likely ruptured cyst last week and called Dr. Wheeler's office in the morning. Joanne answered and took good care of me. Dr. Wheeler had an opening on Monday and I went in. I was so grateful he could see me soon. As usual, he's at the top of his game, very knowledgable and caring. He definitely went out of his way to be reassuring, while expressing that this can certainly result in serious issues (hemorrhaging). He was polite, discussed planned tests and his opinions, which I felt were right on considering I do still want to try for more children through IVF. Dr. Wheeler also delivered my now 2 year old daughter and he helped me through a difficult pregnancy (I was on bedrest for 10 weeks). He ensured that my labor was augmented because I didn't have good contractions after my water broke. He handled some complications very well during her delivery. I am gratful for having an excellent OB/GYN. I recommend him! -Lara

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

He was recommended to me by a friend of a friend when I expressed my unhappiness with my doctor. I was not impressed by all the for sale products and procedures during my first visit. We were having problems conceiving and he started testing procedure. But for every single procedure he insisted I use a certain provider who was never in my insurance network (even though I have a PPO and my insurance coverage is rather good). Upon second visit he concluded that I had endometriosis and recommended laproscopy, which would be performed once again at non-network provider facility (Newport center). This made ma question things, and while hesitating whether I should go for the surgery or get a second opinion, I realized I was pregnant (I was already pregnant when he tried to schedule the surgery, but of course, nothing was checked that day). Well, as soon as i found out I was pregnant, I started searching for a new doctor, as I was very very uncomfortable going back to Dr. W's office.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2009

Dr. Wheeler delivered both of my children and my experience with him was positive. He was very vigilant during my high risk pregnancy and perhaps saved my son's life during a tricky delivery. As others have noted, his bedside manner can be hit and miss. I have found him warm and friendly some days and then a bit stern on others, but he's human. He's a good doctor and I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Dr. Wheeler has a wonderful bedside manner. I truly believe he probably saved my first child, whose cord was abnormally long and was around his neck twice. He has delivered three of my children and would recommend him in a heart beat. Teresa is excellent as well (Thanks Teresa). I know insurance is hard to deal with for doctors and you can't blame them to want to supplement there income with other products, if the products work and are reputable (I have not tried them though). I love Dr. Wheeler and so does my husband.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Dr. Jonathan H. Wheeler's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1986)

Metlife