Ratings for Dr. Allen B. Kantrowitz

He's superman on Neuro surgeons I can't sing his praises enough he has saved my moms life. His staff is amazing super helpful caring too

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

Arrogant and uncaring. I had surgery with him about 8 months ago. Still having problems, and he doesn't seem to care now.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Kantrowitz operated on my husband in what was supposed to be a routine shunt placement to treat normal pressure hydrocephalus. There was a major problem in the surgery and my husband suffered a major bleed, is now disabled, and requires nursing care 24/7. He suffered a hemmorhagic stroke following surgery and spent many weeks in the ICU. It is a shame when you put your absolute trust in a surgeon and he turns out to be pompous and incompetent. Our lives are forever changed from our decision to choose him for the shunt placement surgery. Make sure you understand the risks prior to signing consent to surgery. Better still, don't sign it! Please don't make the same mistake!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

I was lucky to be treated by Dr. Kantrowitz, he saved my life! He`s an absolutely unique brilliant talented surgeon who really cares about the patient. He`s absolutely different from all american MDs!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

He is brilliant. Explains everything. He was recommended to me by a friend of a friend who had surgery by him and is also 100% pleased with outcome.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2007