Ratings for Dr. Uwe W. Canting

My experiences with Preston Plaza Optometry (formerly Eyecare Center) have always been outstanding. Dr. Canting and his staff are extremely knowledgeable, professional, and personable. On a personal note, Dr. Canting is responsible for essentially saving my father's life. My father went in for a regular checkup and alerted Dr. Canting to a gray film that was sporadically floating across his eye. Dr. Canting ran some tests and immediately became concerned and sent him to a neurological ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist determined my father previously had several TIA's (mini strokes). My father was then referred to a neurologist to determine the cause. He found out that he had a blocked carotid artery in his neck and was at high risk for a massive stroke at any given time. Surgery followed shortly thereafter, the artery was cleared, and my father is doing great. None of that would have been possible and my father may not be here today if it were not for Dr. Canting's expertise and thoroughness. I have heard several other examples where Dr. Canting examined a patient, during business hours or after, that led to emergency and/or life-saving care. Dr. Canting is an outstanding doctor and even better person. He puts his patients and their health above all else. My family will never go anywhere else and I would recommend him to anyone. I strongly encourage anyone looking for eye care to call Preston Plaza Optometry, set up a visit, and see for yourself.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Canting is friendly, funny and always remembers me. The man who does the preliminary exam is very nice. The last woman you see who does billing & contact ordering is great! However, he's too much of a friend and not enough of a doctor. Along with other issues, my biggest is, after seeing him for over 10 years and having all the field of vision printouts, he never diagnosed my glaucoma. I could have been treated for years and wasn't. Meeting him outside the office I can see how he'd be a great guy to hang out with. I won't be hanging in his office anymore.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I've been a pt 10+ yrs. Dr. Canting is cary, knowledgable and fun. He makes every visit a great experience. I've referred family to Dr. Canting which really is the greatest review.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

Even though he's a Navy guy, he's the best doctor all around you can find.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

This is the best eye doctor and the best doctor I've ever gone to. He gives personal attention to each of his clients and answers all our questions. He fits us in when we need him at a moment's notice. He's extremely knowledgeable; there's no one else I trues my eyes to.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr Canting was great and always takes plenty of time to make sure I'm happy with my contacts and all my questions are answered. Great guy!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

Dr Canting and staff are the friendliest, most sincere, caring and knowledgeable eye care professionals I have ever dealt with! From the moment you enter you immediately feel valued and appreciated! They make you feel as if you have been friends forever! There is no better group better and Dr Canting truly cares about your well being! He is extremely knowledgeable and does his absolute best to take care of you! He is a Doctor who cares and listens!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Canting for a few years now. We switched from another (Doctor's Eye Care) because we were not happy with them. We are sticking to Dr Canting and his team because they are great from end to end - professional, best vision and glasses I have ever had, great follow up service/ warranty care. I can't imagine anyone being better.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

I've been seeing Dr.Canting for years and he and his staff are always great. He's fit me in on short notice the couple of times I've had a problem. In fact the last time, I scratched my eye over the weekend. He fit me in first thing Monday morning and told me I should have called him on the weekend and he'd have seen me.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Please understand that if you can not prove you have insurance at least 24 hours prior to the appointment you will be told that you will be treated ONLY ON A CASH BASIS, because THERE ARE TOO MANY POLICIES TO CHECK AFTER YOU BRING YOUR POLICY INFORMATION. Dr. Canting is wonderful, however, dealing with many of his office staff is intolerable! I will no longer be a client since they seem to be concerned that everyone is out to stiff them on their charges. What a pity!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013