Ratings for Dr. Stephen L. Rubin

I wish more Doctors were like him. Excellent doctor and person. I was fortunate to have him as my doctor for a breast cancer scare.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr Rubin treated my wife for her first breast cancer but when it returned and offered a poor prognosis, he dropped her as a patient. Her recurrence was a large very tumor that he missed, even when she insisted that she felt something there. After surgery he refused to see us, probably fearing legal action. I feel that he made an honest mistake (failure to diagnose the recurrence of a 10 cm tumor) but then his huge ego took over and he refused to see my wife again, after a six year doctor-patient relationship. He said, "you have to make an appointment as a new patient, and I don't have any openings".

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

Dr. Rubin has retired, but he was absolutely the BEST! I went to him with a breast cancer scare several years ago, and he was so kind to me. He took time to explain the possibilities and assure me that he would be right there with me all the way. I wish EVERY doctor in every specialty were like Dr. Rubin. Absolutely amazing doctor and human being.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr Rubin, sadly, has retired. But I wanted to say that he was the best MD of the team I had in 2004 for breast cancer treatment. He is extremely knowledgable about all aspects of treatment, and was able to do a sentinel node biopsy (not all surgeons at the time were trained in that) so that I did not end up with uneccessary loss of lymph nodes & problems related to that. He is excellent!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Dr. Rubin a wonderful physician. He is helpful, caring, empathetic and listens to his patients. I was referred to him for breast cancer surgery. I recommend him without hesitation. He is the best in the northwest.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2006

Fantastic, empathetic, skilled, terrific breast cancer surgeon! Dr. Rubin will spend whatever time is needed and truly cares about his patients. I've been seeing him for 9 years (after having been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer by a routine mammogram done at his office.) I always look forward to my annual follow-up visits with him--it's like visiting with a friend--but a friend who is at the top of his field in terms of his knowledge and skill.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005