Ratings for Dr. Secily N. Bason-Mitchell

Not very careful... misdiagnosed obvious fibroid causing bleeding. After part of fibroid was removed, she insisted that my birth control had nothing to do with the growth of the fibroid, although literature supports otherwise. Now I am left with possible scars in the uterus that may prevent conception and a healthy pregnancy. Very unhelpful office staff.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2008

Dr Bason-Mitchell is fabulous and I highly recommend her to anyone needing a knowlegeable ob/gyn with an awesome bedside manner. She makes me feel relaxed and talks in terms that I can understand. She is very supportive in any choices you might make.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2007

I was surprsied by the other users experience with Dr. B-Mitchell. I always found her to be very communicative and thorough in her explanations. I appreciated her sunny disposition and warm manner. I have moved away from S.F, but would recommend her to any of my friends. One note: like many Ob/GYN's I have met, she heavily promotes use of the birth control pill.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2006

Dr. Bason-Mitchell seems like a very bright doctor, but she is extraordinarily uncommunicative. It is difficult to tell how knowledgeable she is. When she meets with me, she has done no prep whatsoever. For example, she started to explain a procedure to me without even checking the file to see that she had done the procedure on me before. She doesn't volunteer any information about my condition unless I ask. In fact, at this moment, I have no idea if I have the high-risk or low-risk type of my condition.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Secily N. Bason-Mitchell's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1998)

Commercial Insurance Company