Ratings for Dr. Matthew D. Baltes

Waited 5 min and was easy to talk to. Listened to all of my problems and had very good suggestions. Happy with my visit

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Cut me off while explaining my symptoms. Never made eye contact with me, and during follow up told me "I would just have to deal with it"

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

Was on time for my appointment. He seemed very thorough. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Saw Dr. Baltes a few times for minor medical problems, but decided to find someone else because: He was always in a rush and in one occasion he forgot to sign a script, and in a second case he forgot to write the script altogether. In both cases his MA took care of the scripts. He hardly ever had any eye contact, or listened carefully to what I had to say. A physician should be very interactive and has to actually engage the patient and take time to diagnose properly and outline the proper remedy, but he was always in a rush to leave the room! I do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

When I went to see him for a physical and weight loss suggestions he said: "Eat less." Wow, ya think?!? When my husband went to see him about quitting smoking, he said, "You've been smoking all your life, you're going to do what you're going to do." THANKS! When I called 2 days after persistent cough + asthma, he said to take Mucinex OTC cough syrup. GOING TO GET A NEW DR. ASAP -- DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Told a depressed patient to "just deal with it until it goes away" and left the room. Thumbs DOWN!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

i feel he doesnt truly listen to what i am telling him, therefore doesnt help me much with my medical issue at the time.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

I find him to be punctual and cordial. I sometimes come away feeling that a thorough enough job hasn't been done but I've only dealt with minor medical issues. Nothing life threatening.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

Dr. Matthew D. Baltes's Credentials

• Ohio Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Athens Oh 45701 (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Ravenna, OH