Ratings for Dr. Alan M. Firestone

I have been with Dr Firestone for over 30 years...miss him as my primary, Dr Hartman is a younger version of Firestone and doing a great job. If he was not a great dr I would have not stayed for 30+ years.. Smart man, very smart man...Actually cares about you, not money hungry.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

He is a great Doctor, I drive to see him 7 hrs each way, I see him monthly. He is a Doctor in a class of his own. I am Jay and have never thought of driving from Tucson Az to Northern Abq to see a doc. But because I saw him while visiting my mother, I was so blown away with his total quality and his willingness to help me feel better, that I knew in all the many many doctors I have been to that I would always come back to see him, and dump the doc who I was seeing for years. Never again will I just settle for a doctor. I am so happy that he is my Doctor, but he is now announced his retirement in july 2013. Its a shame. He has a new Doctor in the office that he hired to run it after he goes. His name is Dr STEVEN HARTMAN. I just saw him while Firestone was out on vacation. He closely resembles Alan in terms of practice and caring.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Office staff confused appts 3x!!! NP was all I saw(Tamara R). Very Irresponsible. Sent my PHI to my work fax without a cover sheet, thereby insuring all my coworkers knew meds I was on and other things. Sent a letter telling me I needed to call them about my mammogram results then when I called and left messages never returned phone calls. WORST OFFICE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! I don't know if they are crazy or lazy or both but I am heading out of there as fast as I can.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

Very attentive and helpful. Has been my family doc for 4 years. So far it has been easy to get an appointment. Impressive staff.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2008

I am very impresses with his willingness and commitment to get to the root cause of my condition. His no nonsense earthiness is refreshing in today's "Insurance Company controlled" medical environment. He and his staff consistently follow through on their end and keep me in the loop on changes that might occur. When he determines a referral to a Specialist is needed they tend to go the extra mile to accommodate the patients life situations.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

I think Dr. Firestone is great, he spends time with each patient and takes the time to LISTEN to the patient. He's a real "doctor" and not an assembly line, money-grubbing business man.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2006

Doesn't take time with patients, and the wait can be as much as 2 hours.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Alan M. Firestone's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)