Ratings for Dr. Michael Dayton

I saw Michael Dayton yesterday and I left feeling frustrated and that the visit was a waste of my time and money. He left me waiting for 1 hour, didnt even apologize, and then had not reviewed any of my information. He did not discuss the partial knee replacement procedure and did not ask about my symptoms or what my goals were with having my knee replaced. It felt very tranactionall and then he assumed I would use him as my surgeon. He spent a whopping 10 minutes with me. Although I am impressed with CU Sports Medicine and the other Dr's and staff, I am not impressed with him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I feel I wasted my time and money seeing this doctor. Over $600 paid cash out of pocket for office visits and the guy had nothing to offer in diagnosis. I have no idea if my images were sufficiently reviewed and the plan to review my case with another doc may never have occured as I have never heard back from this OS. I know of no other industry that allows this kind of fee for non-service. It astounds me that this is acceptable.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr. Dayton is awesome! He replaced both of my knees and did an excellent job. Also, a very kind and caring doctor. My left knee had left me cripple and Dr. Dayton corrected the problem. Dr. Dayton will always be very special to me.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

This doctor seriously MAIMED me. Replaced my hip incorrectly. I am disabled now. I have been told by one doctor post THR to sue for gross negligence. Statute of limitations ran out 2 years. He dragged me for two years saying give it time! Do not go to this doctor! Very dangerous. Seeking another specialist to fix his mess. I am pretty young too. Very sad! There will be a special place in hell for Mr. Dayton. He will know my pain the pain he inflicted on me. Stay away from please!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Doctor Dayton was kind , thoughtful and paid attention to what I said regarding my pain and my condition. I did my diligent research to find him and it was worth all the effort. I had a severe fall and a total tibia plateau fracture. I also had 17 degrees of bend inward at my knee as a result of this fall. Doctor Dayton replaced my knee and brought my posture back to normal with no limp while walking. He is a great doctor...Period

flag | Submitted December 15, 2013

Dr. Dayton is the best doctor I have ever had! He really knows what he is doing! Had two surgeries and both are successful!!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

DR. Dayton is the new up and coming orthopedic guru.... he is wonderful, I had my knee replaced, he did this for me even though I am overweight, he was very concerned, and took great care of me. His MA, Frank, was always very good about returning phone calls and getting info back to me from Dr. Dayton... plus he is just a pleasant person. Kinda shy at first, but then he shows his compassion etc. I really thank and think the world of Dr. Dayton...

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Very bad communications his assistant doesn't return calls and you can't talk to the Dr

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Dayton failed to read my x-rays properly and failed to read radiologists' reports of my x-rays that indicated problems with my Birmingham hip resurfacing. Based on his own assessment, he believed my x-rays looked fine, and I was merely suffering from tendonitis, when in fact, the resurfacing device was failing. His failure to diagnose the problem caused me nearly 2 years of suffering, and I eventually needed to have a total hip replacement.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Failed to read x-rays correctly, missed hip failure on two separate occasions. I eventually looked at my own x-rays on disk on my home computer and questioned his judgement. Second opionions proved Dr Dayton to have missed a very obvious problem.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2010

Dr. Michael Dayton's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Wellpoint