Ratings for Dr. Douglas Solway

I had bunion and hammer toe (with toe shortening) surgery by Dr. Solway about two and a half years ago. While the bunion repair seems to have been successful, to this day I have swelling and numbness in in the second (the one that was repaired) and third toes. It is a surgery I regret having and can only conclude that there had to have been substantial nerve damage or an undisclosed complication that occurred during the surgery. Further, the second toe also looks to be overly shortened. In addition, I wasn’t impressed with Dr. Solway’s responsiveness after the surgery. I called him on a Saturday evening because I had an urgent concern, and his answering service said that they would contact him. He called me back the next morning to make sure the doctor on call had called me. Of course, no one had called me the night before, since he was the doctor who was on call.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Excellent care. I have recommended him to many people and all have been pleased.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Very knowledgeable!! Because of their advanced equipment they were able to diagnose injuries that a regular doctor couldn't.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Showed me Michael Jordan's toe nail.Wanted to do surgery on me for my posterior tibial tendonitis.I wouldn't recommended him

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

So far so good. I'm in my second week since my accident an Dr Solway has help me every step throughout this process. Good management of pain, no infections, no complications. Ill keep you informed. :-)

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

This doctor is professional, competent and always on time. I have visited his offices - twice in Morton Grove, and once in Des Plaines, for a couple of foot ailments and his office has treated me well. His office is as considerate with my time as I am expected to be with his. It's so unusual that I felt I had to go online and do a review, which I have never done before.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

I went to 2 different podiatrist and Dr. Solway was outstanding! He explained exactly what it was that I had, what to expect, etc. I had surgery on both feet for bunions and tailor bunions and I am very happy with the results! Both my sister and I had the same procedure done with Dr. Solway and we both have happy feet!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Fantastic doctor! Knowledgeable and empathetic. Rather than rushing patients out the door he listens to and addresses their concerns. I was a bit apprehensive when he recommended surgery for my problem, but he was very reassuring and thoroughly addressed my concerns. The results of the surgery couldn't have been better!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

Dr. Douglas Solway's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morton Grove, IL