Ratings for Dr. James H. Frank

Dr. Frank is geniunely concerned for his patients. He has timely follow-ups as well.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I made an appointment to see Dr. Frank and was unable to keep the appointment due to the traffic and weather. I did not call his office to cancel but what happened next was very unexpected. I was called several times on my cell phone and at my office. When I finally answered the phone, it was Dr. Frank himself who chastised me and wanted to know why I didn't make the appointment and he asked didn't I receive a call to confirm the appointment. He then asked who referred me and I said no one and before he could finish, I said don't worry, I will not make an appointment with your office again. He curtly said THANK YOU!. I have never experienced such unprofessionalism from a physician in my life. I must have been the only patient they had, therefore, he felt the need to call and chastise me for not calling. I can not speak to his bedside manner or how great of a physician he is but I can speak to his but doctors do not call new patients and chastise them!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

His staff is great. He is very businesslike and he is very warm when engaged in conversation. He is very busy and tries to make the most out of each appointment. His knowledge is extensive and his goal is to make me well and not necessarily to be my friend. I am fine with that and he is exceptionally good at returning calls and providing information. I saw him 10 years ago and 2 weeks ago, and in each case I felt very confident in his advice. I would recommend him to both friends and family members. This guy is at the top of my "doctors I trust with my health" list. His office and the MedStar unit he uses for procedures is very clean and all were amazing. I laid down, started a conversation, and woke up a couple of hours later. Apparently during the procedure I talked about Sushi and as I was leaving the nurse told me of the best Sushi places in the area. See this doctor with confidence.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

J have been with dr. frank abaut five years. Hi and his staffare the most generous and kind people what know.dr. Frenk saved my life. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Dr. Frank was rude, condescending and patronizing. He acted as if I was disturbing him.I will not go back to him.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2008

He didn't know the answers to my questions and his colonoscopy procedure was inadequate.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2007

Dr. Frank is knowledgeable and good at what he does, but his bedside manner could use some work. He can seem condescending and annoyed and speak with a rude tone. I always feel as though I have caught him on a "bad day". I am considering switching doctor's because of his off-putting personality.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2006

Dr. Frank has been seeing my wife about an ulcer and an undiagnosed abdominal pain. He is very knowledgeable, easy to talk to and thorough. Some people might find him a bit brusque but when you engage him a little he really warms up and will explain absolutely everything for you. He's definitely someone I would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2006

I have been with Dr Frank for over 8 yrs when my Crohn's was diagnosed. He is a great doctor, very knowledgable! I have had several colonoscopies with him and think the world of him. His staff, Sylvia and Keisha are most generous, and I love Sylvia because it only takes one stick when she takes my blood! I couldn't say more positive things about Dr. Frank and his office.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2006

Dr. Frank was the nicest, most knowledgeable doctor I have ever seen for any problem. He spent a very long time speaking with me and diagnosing me. I could not even believe the amount of time he spent with me! I kept thinking he should be flying out the door or recommending tests, but instead, he kept asking me more questions and giving me tips and details. The bar has just been raised VERY high for doctors that I see. This guy is just great.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. James H. Frank's Credentials

• Eastern Va Med Sch Of The Med Coll Of Hampton Roads, Norfolk Va 23501 (Grad. 1978)