Ratings for Dr. Barri J. Fessler

She looks fabulously qualified on paper. She asked all the 'right' questions and seemed attentive. But like others, decided I just needed better pain management and counseling for fibromyalgia. Unfortunately, the diagnosis was Sjogren's ...and she'd JUST asked all those questions and had every reason to suspect and diagnose it that day. (She clearly suspected it, but hit 'default' button to fibro dx.) When doctors guess wrong or ignore plain statements, it then takes a LONG time to get another doctor to 'hear' you. I hope that she's not the dismissive doctor she used to be, but there's absolutely no way that I'll spend the time nor the money to find out. As for the helpfulness of the staff - it's UAB. That should explain most everything else.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Knowledgeable but felt that she did not work for my best interest as a patient. Found it hard to get in touch with her and long wait time.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

I understand when a patient is 20 minutes late for their appointment they have to reschedule. But when the Doctor makes you wait over 2 hours to see you, that is unacceptable. I have only seen this Doctor 2 times and both times I had to wait more than 1 and a half hours. I also see 2 other Doctors at this facility and NEVER had to wait more than 30 minutes to be seen. Unless you have all day to sit and wait I suggest you find another Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. Fessler does a thorough exam, listens carefully, answers all of my questions and explains things clearly. I drive 100 miles to see her. I am very pleased with her.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

Dr. Fessler was the most caring doctor we have seen in quite a while. She took the time to listen and ask questions and followed this with a good exam. Her suggestions were specific and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

She did not seem concerned.She offered no suggestions.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2008

Very professional and caring!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2006

Dr. Barri J. Fessler's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)