Ratings for Dr. Joel S. Buchalter

Staff took weeks of me calling before i got to speak to someone and schedule my appt. After another day or 2 i got scheduled. Ok so rocky start. Got to office. Staff were awesome. Prompt and helpful. Saw his Physicians Assistant. LITERALLY within 30 minutes i was seen and had x-rays of BOTH my knees and i saw the PA again. He showed and explained my x-rays which showed nothing wrong with my knee caps which a previous dr said there was. It was obvious my knees were fine and he showed me an example X-ray of bad knee caps. He ordered MRI's of both knees which could have been done then but needed prior authorization. I have never had such a great experience and believe me i've been to my share of orthopods. So far I am over whelmed. My previous dr was trying to treat me knees 1 at a time to rake in more $$$$.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Just had anterior total hip replacement in April 2015and have to say Dr. Buchalter and his staff was the best I could have asked for. From my initial office visit to the actual procedure all the way to my recovery phase the professional attention and knowledge has been outstanding.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I had a total anterior hip replacement 10 months ago and still think every day about what a difference my surgery has made in my life. I chose Dr. Buchalter because he does the new anterior approach which has a much shorter recovery time. He is so nice and caring and came to see me late that night after my 8 am surgery. He had been working all day and still had the energy to stop by my room. The nurses, PTs and other staff couldn't have been nicer. I had a private room. I think everyone does in the orthopaedic wing at PHC and had big windows and a great view. I was out in three days and was at a party with only a cane 2 days after that. No more pain pills!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

total hip replacement 9-26-2014. Great doctor and staff! Could not ask for better care. The surgery has changed my life!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I had a total hip replacement in 2012 by Dr. Buchalter. Although the result is good I was disappointed that he wouldn't take the time a few months later to discuss a condition that had developed as a result of the surgery. I was doing my follow-up with his PA which was fine but I wanted the operating surgeon's opinion since I hadn't known why or how this had occurred and if it could affect me in the future. I basically had to rely on the Internet and friends to get any detailed information.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Dr. Buchalter and his staff are excellent. I felt comfortable and secure knowing that my total hip replacement was being done by the best.Everything was explained prior to the surgery in the office and the follow up care was excellent. His staff is ver patient and the MD and his staff are the consummate professionals. Followup care was just as good!The entire process from start to finish was done in a most professional manner. Shortly after my right hip was replaced, the left hip was done and all went well.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

Dr Buchalter changed my life! 2010 I had 1 total hip replacement. 2011 I had the other. The doctor and his assistants took great care with me. The time they took to make sure I understood every step of such a complex procedure. I must say the time that is taken with me helps me understand why you might say there may be a wait time to see this doctor. It will be the extra time this great doctor will be spending on you! I don't miss dragging myself around. Using a cane At 48 ! The pain. This team made me mechanically normal! I Love Ya!!!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

Top doctor has helpful staff But you have to wait in the waiting room for a long time

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

had a complicated hip replacement a month ago and am very pleased. great care and bedside manner! one of the finest doctors i have ever met. you don't need to travel to new york city to get the best care.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

I had a complete knee replacement with Dr. Buchalter. It went flawlessless, with virtually no pain. Within a week, I was off the painkillers and walking with a cane. In 2 weeks, I am walking almost normally, and don't even need a cane!!! Buchalter and his team have knee replacements "down to a science". I'm amazed and TOTALLY happy!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

Dr. Joel S. Buchalter's Credentials

• New York University Medical College - Nlg (Grad. 1983)