Ratings for Dr. Mary R. Rifino

Very unprofessional front desk staff who openly make remarks about patients. I had also been a patient of Dr. Rifino's for a while and I have to leave due to her inability to separate her personal opinions from care. She would often give me life suggestions and scold me about school while I was in college. Also send me to get unnecessary testing done after each visit. She seemed to have issues that she needed to deal with.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

By reading previous ratings from other patients, I'm glad I am not the only one who has noticed and experienced horrible service from the staff at the front desk/ picking up calls. Every time I go there and check in, I ALWAYS say "Hi how are you?" first, and I have ALWAYS received a response along the lines of "good" or " good thank you." Not only that, they do not even bother to look up at you. I understand that job can be stressful and tiring, but as a receptionist, customer service plays a large factor in fulfilling the jobs objective whether you are tired or not. Second of all, I was told I would get a phone call with my test results. I never did. I called TWICE. The lady told me my results the second time after I told her I was supposed to receive a call a WEEK ago. My question is why did I not receive a call with my results, but I had to call in myself twice, along with an attitude from the receptionist, in order to get my results? Dr. Mary Rifino is a great family doctor, as to why I have not left and found another place. But in order to have a successful practice, the quality of the staff is extremely important. I really hope this problem gets resolved because I will not continue to be THIS patient that much longer if this service keeps up.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

I started seeing Dr Rifino some years ago. She was excellent the first few visits. Even though I was never seen 40 - 60 minutes after the appointment time and the staff made me feel like crap, I continued to go to her. But since of late, the doctor's quality of service too is deteriorating. At my last visit she answered my questions with one hand on the door knob. But the last straw came when they received my abnormal mammogram results and said nothing to me until I called back three weeks later to find out. In the past even when I had left messages for the doctor she has never called me back. Here she was (out of guilt) on the phone telling me that she had sent the order to the Radiology, but had said nothing to me. So how was I supposed to know to go get further tests done? Is she that dumb? Now they could have admitted their mistake and apologised. I would have been sympathetic. But the doctor's attitude and lies to cover up has proven that I cannot trust her any more.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Rifino's for 17 years and referred many friends to her practice. Now my husband and daughter also patients of Dr. Rifinos. Dr. Rifino always makes us feel like we are the only patient she has to see that day. You may have to wait for your appointment but you have her full attention.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

Staff will not acknowledge you even if just typing. A quick "will be right with you" would be nice. Dr Rifino seems bitter with the medical system, very scattered this last visit, have to practially beg for results, conversation had with Dr just 4 days ago already forgotten. It's time to move on.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

It is wonderful to go to a doctor who is so thorough about diagnostic care and preventative care. One never leaves without prescriptions and reminders for necessary tests such as mammograms and colonscopy. Blood work is done in the office and EKGs. Referalls to specialists are provided as needed. So preferable to medical offices like Immediate Care where one never has the same doctor from visit to visit. Many of her staff have been with her for years. I am thankful to have found a woman doctor who is passionate about her patient care.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

i have been dr rifino's patient for aprox. 13 years. she is always educating me on how to take care of myself. she practices preventive care. i have reccomended her many times to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

I agree with others who have complained about the unfriendly staff at this office. They always seem overworked, put out by patients, and annoyed. Just call the office after hours and listen to their message. Whoever gets the job of leaving their after hours message rushes through as quickly as possible with an undeniably annoyed tone. Dr. Rifino is nice and makes you feel like your friend, but I feel like she's often rushed. Overall, I feel like I can slip through the cracks at this office and I have to be very proactive about my health.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011

Dr. Mary R. Rifino's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1985)

Harvard-Pilgrim