Ratings for Dr. Margaret Hecht

I personally switched physicians after seeing this 'doctor' a few times over a year or two. She has an atrocious bedside manner—my surgeon has a better personality, which should say it all. I may have given 2-3 stars, however, her lack of common sense & multi-year failure to diagnose a chronic condition in one of my parents is unforgivable. While she claims it 'wouldn't have mattered,' I can assure you, it matters a whole h-e-doublehockeysticks of a lot to me. They're years that not only can I not get back, they are years that I was unable to look in to gene therapy, stem cell therapy & other things along those lines. The fact that I had suspected this condition & asked about it for several years is also a testament to her failure. Why? I'm in my late 20s. My original career plan was to go in to nursing. The fact that my expertise is now in beauty & digital media, not medicine, and I was more on top of it than she? Really? The only reason she was not sued is because my parent could not emotionally handle a trial & all that comes with it. I don't care about money—I care very much that this not happen to anyone else. Worse, there's no doubt in my mind that it already has. Ultimately, the emotional distress, guilt and the illnesses I've endured thanks to her non-diagnosis has cost far more than any amount of money could help. Avoid. If she's volunteering somewhere, just run. I don't trust her in the least.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Dr. Margaret Hecht's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1975)