Ratings for Dr. Gary A. Derosa

It has been over 20 yrs since my husband and I have been to ADR. DeRosa but we had a very bad experience with him. If you are obese, do not go to him. He has NO compassion for patients with a weight problem. I went in to see him about helping me lose weight and all he did was berate me the whole visit. When my husband was in Prince William Hospital, Dr. DeRosa wouldn't even come inside his room or touch him -- extremely unprofessional! Needless to say, we never darkened his doorstep again. We now live in Central FL and the doctors are much more compassionate here.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

After waiting over an hour past my early morning appointment time, I was seen by Dr. Derosa for an upper respiratory issue. He was very short with me and he insisted the problem was my sinuses. I also had irritation in one eye and told him that Dr. Parker had prescribed something that work well for my eyes. The RX's he gave me were totally ineffective and not what I had received in the past. Betwee his poor diagnosis and treatment and the exceedingly long wait times with their version of "factory" medicine, I am seek another Doctor & practive. Good-bye BRFP.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Dr. DeRosa has been my family physician for 20+ years and is very knowledgeable. I do find his staff rude and uncaring and have waited to long on the phone for test results or just getting hold of someone. I think today was the straw that broke the camels back on my decision to look for another practice. I hate leaving Dr. DeRosa but I am fed up to here with the practice.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2010

Dr. DeRosa is an extremely knowledgeable doctor, and an outstanding physician, He takes as much time as necessary with each patient. Dr. DeRosa has also referred me to many specialists, all of whom have been top-notch.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. DeRosa is very competent and compassionate. I would recommend him highly. Unfortunately, the staff at the practice with which he is associated is rude. It would be in the medical staff's best interest to have a serious purge of the front desk personnel.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

Dr. Gary A. Derosa's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1979)

HealthFirst