Ratings for Dr. Reena John

I did not like her at all! i came to her with my child who is suffering allergies and she said his throat is red (yes it is from cough, irritated), so she said she thinks he has strap. I told her I don't think so since there is not fever, she insisted he needs strap test. Ok, she performed the test, which I had previously done myself and also my children had it so I know it takes a moment to obtain the results (like pregnancy test). Without giving me the results she prescribed antibiotic and when I asked what are the results of strap test I was told we will find out in 3 days (!!!). Seriously??? So I asked what about antibiotic and I was told to give it to my child in case he could be sick!!! That's insane! First of all why testing if anyway you give antibiotic? Second of all why are you giving antibiotic to a healthy kid? I know what strap is and how my kid feels when he experience that, I'm sure he has not strap, just allergies! Antibiotics are not candies and you cannot just give it with no reason or guessing... No result no antibiotic! Moreover why strap test is sent for farther testing if the office one probably showed negative? It's because I questioned this doctor's initial diagnosis saying it probably is not strap? Is she having some issues when parents do not agree with her? That is not the way the doctor should behave! I then talked to one of my friends afterwards and she said that because of the issues even more serious in consequences than this one she has changed the doctor. Because of dr John her daughter developed severe anemia. Dr John is nice as long as you agree whit whatever she says and you do not question her. The moment you have any doubts she will try to prove you at any cost (your kid and his/her health at this point!!!) that you are not right. That's a serious mental issue...

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

My children have been patients of Dr. John for about 8 years. They all LOVE her, as do I. She has the best bedside manner I have ever encountered in any doctor I have ever met and visited, whether for myself or my children. She is knowledgeable and communicates medical issues very well. She honestly cares for her patients and it shows.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

Dr. John is the by far the best doctor I have ever seen. She really takes the time to listen to your concerns, does not talk over you and works with what works best for the child & your home. She really does know each child & remember a little bit about them and the parents too!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr. John is one of the best my kids have gone to her since birth she is wonderful always kind and very caring her nursing staff as well is great however my only complaint is the front desk staff they are a bit rude however you dont have to deal with them for for that long plus i view it as im not there to see them any ways i love dr. john shes is GREAT!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

What a blessing to have Dr. Reena John and her team in our communities. She and her staff are above perfection. I have rated Dr. John and her staff at the top rating, because of their care, attitude, and warmth towards the children and parents. Oh know, I have not forgotten the professionalism! That comes with the territory, as noted in the character of each individual in the office. My children often went into the office having to take a shot. Upon leaving the office, they understood the reasoning for the shot and held the nurses jacket for security. It is amazing that Dr. John is familiar with her patients. This is not done by the folder, but she is able to repeat past situations with her patients. My children were able to have conversations with their doctor. Again, we are blessed to have Dr. Reena John and this wonderful team in our many areas to serve our children.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

Dr. John is outstanding. She is helpfu, understanding, and NEVER disvalues a parents worry. My only complaint is that she doesn't see adults because I would love to have a Doctor of her quality. Her nurses are great but I agree on the office staff, there is one who is really helpful but the rest make you feel like your interupting their day.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

Dr. John is wonderful. My children have been going to her for over 10 yrs. and she has always been very kind and caring. I ran into Dr. John at a school event and she knew me, my name and my children's names, she really does care about her patients. If it wasn't for Dr. John and her knowledge, my youngest may not be here today. I don't care how far the drive, she is worth it!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

She is awesome!!! She is a bit of a drive, but it is worth it. However, I agree that her staff one of the worse, at least up front in the desk. Her nurses/nurses aides are nice/ok. A bill got sent to collections after they office failed to sign a form needed by the pharmacy to bill my insurance....now, I'm doing all the calling and faxing to get this straighten out.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

I disagree that the entire staff is unhelpful. Dr. John's nurses have always been polite. The office staff, though, typically makes you feel like you are bothering them.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Dr. John is WONDERFUL! We have gone to her for 12 years and have felt that our children have well-cared for and treated. The staff has changed many times over the years with a few main-stay people. I do agree that sometimes the staff is abrupt and not as personal!! But we are there for Dr. John and that makes it worth it!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Dr. Reena John's Credentials

• Christian Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Vellore, Tn, India (Grad. 1986)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio
Multiplan
Sagamore Health Network
UPMC

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I did not like her at all! i came to her with my child who is suffering allergies and she said his throat is red (yes it is from cough, irritated), so she said ..."

April 28, 2016