Ratings for Dr. Matthew C. Portz

Very good doctor. He takes time with patients and treats them with respect. Only complaint is that his practice has grown so big they have lost that "personal" feel. Doc had ordered some blood work for me and I didn't hear back regarding results. When I called they said they never received the results from the lab. I had to repeat the blood work. Patients should not have to track down their lab work. If test are ordered, the staff needs to make sure the results are received and reviewed by the ordering doctor. I think these things happen because they are so busy and they loose track of individual patient issues. Other than that - Dr. Portz is a quality doctor!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Horrible, we call him Putz in my house. He just gives us meds & really fails to diagnose the problem i.e. My husband had severe back pain & Putz gave him pain meds and steroids then sent him to phys therapy. Pain worsened. We went to a neurologist, it turned out to be a slipped disc! Another member of the fam had the misfortune of having Putz. Again, quick to hand out the steroids & meds but never actually finds the problem.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2007

Understands and speaks so you understand what he is saying in plain English not technical jargon

flag | Submitted August 10, 2006

He very skilled, compassionate , and is willing to LISTEN to his patients. Even my husband, who hadn't been to a doctor in over 20 years, thought VERY highly of him and would willingly see him when a problem arose. He is a skilled physician and a wonderful human being.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Matthew C. Portz's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Benesys