Ratings for Dr. Raymond I. Poliakin

Generally I would say I felt pretty comfortable with Dr. Poliakin. He runs late often, but most OBs do. He can be a real jerk, but if you have concerns he will take the time to talk to you about them, even when he is running behind. My biggest complaint is about their billing procedures and his Office Manager. They estimate the out of pocket expense up front and make you pay it 30 days prior to your due date with the "promise" that they will pay you back if they miscalculate. Well of course everyone else (hospital, pediatrician, anesthesiologist, etc.) all managed to bill before they did so his charge was covered by insurance 100%, Three months later I was already back to work and still arguing with his Office Manager to get my refund - which we are talking is in the hundreds of dollars. After I finally got it, 2 months later I was billed for the circumcision which they had previously told me was taken out of the amount refunded to me. I conveniently never received a statement or any documentation which showed what was charged. The refunded was credited back to my credit card. I asked for paperwork which showed what was charged and never received it so then I wrote a long and comprehensive e-mail to Dr. P. Never heard back. I never received another notice of the outstanding bill in the mail so I am assuming they just wrote it off. I won't be back though. There are a lot of qualified OBs in the area that have better bedside manners and more competent staff.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I'm not the only one who feels this way, if you keep reading the rest of the reviews. If you would like to be hand raped by a male, then he's your guy. He is an arrogant A** hole. He will treat you with no respect and completely ignore that your "vag" is a part of your body that you can feel, and is just as sensitive as his private parts. For someone who has a daughter and a wife, you would think he would be a little more gentle for the hopes that the Dr.'s who will touch them will be just as kind. By the way, every time that I have gone there, be prepared to wait to see him for at least 1.5 hours, to 2 hours, no exaggeration. Find someone else.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr,P is the best OB doctor ever! I have known him for about 10 years; he delivered my two girls. He is a very caring, knowledgeable doctor and his expertise are above and beyond. He has always been there for my needs/concerns with both of my pregnancies. His staff is also very helpful and nice. He is an outstanding doctor and a wonderful person! We love him dearly.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

love, Love, LOVE him! Been with him for 17 years and moved away several years ago but still drive an hour and a half each way to have him take care of me. He has gone beyond his usual call of duty with me and I am forever grateful. he has helped me when other Drs wouldnt/couldnt. He listens to his patients. he is gentle and dedicated. He is the best surgeon I have ever had. Great recoveries. I dont know how to ever repay him except to refer others to him so they can benefit from his years of experience.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

Moved to Ventura Cty & Poliakin came recommended by a friend.Having 2nd baby, 10 wks needed a dr. quick so went w/him. Met with Poliakin first visit very nice & spent his time with me & my hubby talking. Always at each appt. very nice - late a lot of the time! At times aggravating esp. when you are pregnant - but liked him. Nurses all very very nice. Thank God for them otherwise I would have left. Cindy the Office Mgr/Collection Lady is a nightmare. At about 25 weeks I HAD to meet w/her to pay UPFRONT 3,500 because they want labor paid upfront regardless if you have insurance. NEVER HEARD OF THIS! It became a nightmare every appt. hounding me for money, threating me - that "You cannot leave the office unless you give me some money!" And "I will send you to collections if you do not pay" mind you my acct. was up to date & my insurance had paid EVERYTHING! It became more like a collections apt. then a dr.'s appt. if you want to pay upfront for a dr. go there, it is an absolute joke!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Dr Poliakin is a wonderful, caring physician. Not only is he always up on the latest studies and statistics, when I ask a question, but he also supports womens choices to have a natural or medicated birth. He is the best OB/Gyn in Ventura County!!!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Poliakin through my midwife,for my 20-week ultrasound. My husband and I got there 5 minutes early. There were no seats in the waiting room so the staff suggested we could wait outside in the hallway. We waited TWO AND A HALF HOURS before we were finally seen. Dr. Poliakin informed us that he was running late on his lunch since it had been a busy day. He was rushed the entire time. He would only speak to me if I directly asked him a question (since it was my first ultrasound ever it would have been nice to have it explained to us- what we were looking at, etc - instead of having to think of questions to ask). When he did speak, he was arrogant, rude and rushed. Needless to say, I did not go back to him for anymore ultrasounds and instead went to an ultrasound tech. I am not seeing him for my current pregnancy.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

He is an extremely experienced and skilled doctor and surgeon. Does he have strong opinions? Yes. If you disagree with him, you better have a good reason. But the most important aspect about him is that he very much cares about your well-being. I got to see that part of him when I had issues dealing with the pain after the delivery in the following week. His office staff was awesome as well. Also, I loved that he does his own ultrasound so there is no need to see a technician who can't tell you much. I know that his office is always busy and the wait time is long. Maybe his dry sense of humor is not your cup of tea - I actually enjoy it very much. But when I look at the big picture, I will gladly go back to him for my next pregnancy. I trust that I will be in good hands.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

Dr. Poliakin was nice, helpful and knowledgeable, however he was also arrogant and pushy. When questioned, he can get defensive. He encouraged me to be induced because he said my baby was going to be big. I did not want to be induced and he did not like that. He just wanted me to do what he said. I ended up going through with the induction and ended up having a c-section and my daughter was not big. I just felt he was a little pushy on scheduling. He also made some very rude remarks to my family while I was in labor. He is a very smart doctor and an awesome surgeon, but I will find another OB for my next child and pursue a VBAC (which he will not do).

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Switched to this doctor after a negative experience with another doctor and have no regrets. He delivered my second baby via a schduled c-section without any complications. He is business-like, yet friendly. Has a good sense of humor so the appointments are not boring. My experience with the staff has been positive, especially taking into account that his office is very busy.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

Dr. Raymond I. Poliakin's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1979)