Ratings for Dr. Matthew Hepler

The front staff was very nice however Dr Hepler was an absolute waste of time. Had to wait almost 2 hours to see him. He was completely incompetent and acted as if he was too busy to attend to his patients. He didn't review my MRI before he entered the room although I provided the CD and written report of the MRI to the nurses when I checked in. He was uncaring and had absolutely no compassion. I asked questions and he spoke to me like I was an alien. I do not recommend this guy at all. What a disgrace.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

His staff are very nice, but overall I did not like my first experience with him. I spent more time in the xray room than I did with him. Also, I didnt get called back until 20 mins after my apt time. He spent five mins with me at most. I cannot take nsaids due to stomach inflammation so he set me up for physical therapy and an MRI but I was given nothing at all for pain! He told me not to sit for long periods..my paperwork shows I have a desk job! I left the office feeling scared about how to cope with pain of facet joint arthritis and disk issues until I begin physical therapy a week from now and get an MRI a week from now. I don't see him again for two weeks. All in all, I am glad for the physical therapy referral but I am worried that this doctor will do nothing to help manage pain while therapy is going on. I felt rushed and not really cared about (just how I felt) after dealing with pain for two months prior to my referral.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

I am currently seeing Dr. Hepler (pre-surgery) and was very nervous about seeing him after being treated like another number by ER staff and reading some of these negative posts. The front office has been awesome and courteous. They have worked with me paying as I am self pay. John his nurse is very friendly and extremely helpful. Dr. Hepler has been very helpful friendly and took is time explaining my condition as well as not forcing surgery. I would recommend him to anyone. The only way I can see someone saying something bad about him or the office is if they were trying to get meds and he wouldn't give it to them cause they were not really hurt. He is great and I hate going to Dr.'s.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

I was in a car accident over a year ago, Dr. Hepler is the only Dr. that will see me due to no insurance and a law suit. He has given me the 'run around' for over 8 months and I feel helpless. His PA is more helpful then he is. He comes into the room for 5 minutes, and charges me $200 per visit. Did not even tell me what was wrong with my ENTIRE back, and maybe due to the fact that I am in litigation he will not even say the word CAR ACCIDENT or SURGERY. He says this and that will help, even though I saw another Dr. in CT and he said the SAME thing and it did not work. I go back in 2 months, and HOPEFULLY he'll just tell me I need surgery instead of telling me to do cardio excercise to get rid of the pain. I would NOT go to see him if I absolutely didn't have to. Would NOT recommend him to anyone. Maybe it is just my "case" where he acts as if he doesn't have time or a care to listen or answer my questions. But I feel VERY neglected by his office. And they take FOREVER to call in a RX

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Absolutley horrible experience. I waited over an hour to be seen and the office lost my insurance cards. Dr. Hepler was very short with me and didn't explain anything to me at all. I will neer go back. On my way out I got my cards back as they said that they did give them back to me. too many patients. not enough time.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

I had months of a spinal cyst causing pain in my hips and legs. My HMO doctor wanted to remove the entire lamina bone. Dr Hepler explained a limited surgery decompression and I switched medical insurance to get covered. IRMC surgery was painless, it was outpatient, and a total recovery. Dr Hepler even came at 8:30 p.m. to see me in recovery room. The follow-up visitat Vero Ortho was quick and on time, with a prescription for physical therapy in the near future. Dr Helpler has office hours in both Vero and Sebastian. I do recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Hepler did my surgery in November 08 - I am now pain-free for the first time in 5 years. I was in constant unremitting pain that spiked to a level 8 every day. Now I have a life. THANK YOU.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

HE SAVED MY LIFE AND IS EXTREMELY TALENTED IN SURGICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE. MY PAIN AND LIFE IMPROVED 150%. YES, THE PATIENT MUST WORK HARD AT RECOVERY TOO.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2007

I was in severe pain and after seeing MANY doctors I was sent to Dr. Hepler and only then did my pain stop. He performes surgery and it went very well and since then I have been pain free. I happen to believe he is very friendly and very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Many of the comments towards Dr.Hepler are about the way he gathered information and pre-surgery. I did not have any of these issues when working with him as he was very attentive and intensive with his testing. He also made sure that i understood my options. But with that aside and the most important thing is that he conducted my surgery with the utmost professionalism. 4 weeks removed from my surgery with him, i see it as a complete success with no lingering back pain and feels like i have a new life!! So they can complain about his interactions, i find him to be an excellant surgeon(and believe me, dont think most dr.'s need help with self esteem and i would not normally write this if not for the other statements!!)

flag | Submitted September 29, 2006

Dr. Matthew Hepler's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1991)

Delta Dental