Ratings for Dr. Gurinderjit J. Kanwar

I have been with him or over a decade also and so far has not steered me wrong. A little excessive with the tests but better to be sure I guess. Overall really good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

A horrible man. His negative energy can fill a room. Don't bother seeing him with anything that requires any personal research. He won't bother and will make you feel like garbage.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I have been with Dr. Kanwar for over a decade. Inconsistent! Sometimes his bedside manner is ok but mostly indifferent. Uncaring the rest of the time. Recently had a physical with him. He did NOT pay attention to anything I said, he actually interrupted me many times. After this, I shut down. The physical lasted 12 minutes, most of which was on his computer. He ordered the labs prior to the physical, the staff coded incorrectly(not part of physical) and now the insurance will not pay for them. I have had the most stressful time with him renewing my prescriptions. One time, I waited 4 days for my High blood pressure meds. I called every day for them. The office informed me they were having some computer problems. The Dr. was not getting any of his messages? You would think they would have caught this problem immediately. Now we are having the same problem. I have been w/o meds for 2 days. I will go elsewhere was soon as I can.My husband will not go to him anymore.I do NOT recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

The Dr almost KILLED me. He has a poor bedside manner. He dosen't follow up on things and he lies to you all the time. Dr. Kanwar talks out both sides of his mouth. He told me I should do a sugery and signed off on it and then told me 6 months later I shouldn't have. I have seen Dr kanwar for 10 years and he cant keep people working for him and with him because he treats them like crap. I would send my dog to him. He lied and said I had to stay with only him if I wanted to be part of the Sutter group. He doesnt send in your refills on time and always blames it on someone else so you go without your meds and it takes him weeks opon weeks toget a referral. I sent other people to him over the years and they all complained about him even his staff has

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Dr. Kanwar is by far the best doctor I have ever come across. His diagnosis is unmatchable! I rather be in the hands of a doctor who knows his stuff than an excessively perky doctor who doesn't. Plus, he has personally called me to check up on status of my treatment many times. That shows me that he genuinely cares. My wife and I are grateful for to have doctor Kanwar as my primary care doctor

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

great doctor and have reffered him to my friends. very attentive

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

I had an annual physical, after which the nurse called me to tell me that I had a bad cholesterol reading. I then got a letter from the doctor saying that all of my lab reading were good. There is a disconnect there somewhere. I really dislike the office's phone system. The nurse calls and leaves a message on my answering machine, asking me to call the office's main number. I then call the office, sit on hold for 10 minutes (always), then the receptionist answers. She puts me through to the nurse, who is with a patient, so I left a vm msg for her. The fun repeats the next day. The nurse claims that she does not have a direct number that I can call. The whole experience does not feel that it is set up with the focus on the patient in mind. As other reviewers have mentioned, the doctor seems preoccupied with his computer.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Dr. Kanwar is patient in listening to your issues as they pertain to your overall health. The supporting staff is always friendly and helpfull.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2008

He has been my doctor for about 10 years now. At first he was very personal and interacted with interest about my health. This interest has greatly declined. He spends as little time as possible during an appointment and interacts with his computer more than me! He seldom looks up or makes eye contact except when he enters and exits the room. I can't help but wonder if he regrets his decision to go into medicine or if he is just tired of the everyday problems that might bring ordinary people in to see him. Is the problem with his obligations toward the insurance companies? He is obviously an educated man. The only reason I am still his patient is a fear that I may find someone worse. As a person who grew up with doctors that really cared, I would love to find that again. I guess being our own advocates is just the way it is today when dealing with our own health care

flag | Submitted August 3, 2008

I've been with Dr. Kanwar for about a year, and I've seen him about half the time and his PA the other half. His bedside demeanor is a bit uncaring, though he is a pretty good physician. My biggest complaint is that he uses a computer to make a diagnosis -- he'll ask you questions about your symptoms to narrow it down. Maybe that limits patient lawsuits, but I want a physican with a bit more hand on than using something that I can use at home.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. Gurinderjit J. Kanwar's Credentials

• Gov'T Med Coll, Punjabi Univ, Patiala, Punjab, India (Grad. 1984)

Veterans Administration