Ratings for Dr. Maxine Klein

I had to see Dr. Klein when the 2 doctors that I see regularly weren't available. I had a terrible experience. She was rude and seemed annoyed that she had to see me. She told me I had to have a hysterectomy because I was overweight and it would be impossible to monitor the growth of pre cancerous cells in my uterus. Well that was along time ago and I have not had to have the procedure. I recently lost 200 lbs. (without a gastric by pass) and had to see her again and she was like a different person. I think she has a bias toward people who are overweight which I find extremely unprofessional. I am the same person I was when I was heavier..

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I did not have a good experience with this doctor. I saw her when the other 2 docs I see were not available. She was extremely rude and seemed angry that she had to see another doctors patient. She told me I should have a hysterectomy even though the other 2 doctors were doing everything to have me avoid the procedure. I never had the operation and my condition has been managed well by the other doctors. I will never go back to Dr. Klein.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Klein's for over five years. She has repeatedly demonstrated her knowledge and skill with gynecological issues and has provided me with much needed re-assurance whenever I showed worry or concern. I agree that she's not overtly sensitive, but she knows her patients and has a gift for giving direct, pertinent information (including statistics, prognosis, etc.). I have had successful outcomes for every procedure and trust her completely. In my opinion, she is the best gynecology physician in the Hartford area - by far!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

Not only did I find Dr. Klein unpleasant, but she also misdiagnosed me and insisted there was "nothing wrong." She ignored my reported symptoms and refused to do any further investigation.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

I've been seeing Dr. Klein for many years of gyn care. She has always had time for advice on other health care matters; in fact, she gave me some excellent advice just a year ago that my primary care doctor neglected to mention. She may not be a handholder, but she is factual, to the point and extremely knowledgeable--my kind of doctor.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

I'm sorry to say I cringe when I have to see Dr. Klein at this practice. If it were not for the other doctors, I would really consider changing offices. Dr. Klein is an intelligent person, however she tends to be cold. It can be difficult to get her to answer a question or concern. I would not recommend her if you have a high risk pregnancy. You need someone who will give your concerns some consideration before it is too late.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

I have found that Dr. Klein is extremely difficult to talk with. She is quite abrupt and appears to belittle your concerns. For routine matters she may be fine, but if you have a question or concern, I felt like she was annoyed and challenging. I try to avoid seeing her at the practice if possible, luckily there are many good doctors there. I hate to write something negative, but I would have wanted to know this ahead of time if possible. She is definitely not an approachable person--which is what you need in this type of profession, regardless of how knowledgable you may be.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2007

Dr. Klein is a wonderful doctor who goes out of the way for her patients. She may be a little abrupt and straight to the point when talking to you but when a situation comes up, she makes the time for you. I recently had an emergency come up and I called at 11:30 in the morning to see what I should do. I was in the office by 1:30 that afternoon seeing Dr. Klein personally. How many doctors would do that?

flag | Submitted August 29, 2006

Dr. Klein has been my ob/gyn since I was pregnant with my daughter. Her confident, straight-forward attitude impressed me from the first visit. She's a fantastic doctor and I will see her as long she's in practice!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2006

very efficient office with automated medical records...doctor uses tablet PC...never any waiting...friendly staff

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Maxine Klein's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1982)