Ratings for Dr. Craig Kessler

I've been a patient of Dr. Kessler since 2000 taking coumadin the same amount of time. He started out as a really good Doctor but over the last three years it's been terrible. I understand that he's busy with a LOT of patients and I've always had to wait at least an 1 to 1.5 hours for him but 3 to hours this is just ridiculous. As he was coming to see me finally another patient of his was yelling at him about waiting forever. Quess what he did? He only saw me for 10 minutes this is no joke and even then it was as if he was reading off a que card or something. I get better service from his assists why bother seeing Dr. Kessler. I think it's time for me to find another doctor sorry to say.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr. Kessler is one of the worse DR's I have ever seen. He kept me waiting for 3 hours and made no aplogies. In fact, he became an ass and keep saying that I was in a hurry! NO, If I were in a hurry I would have left by now! Unless, you have no choice, avoid this DR....he isn't worth the wait.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

I had a pulmonary embolism and was put on coumadin. After nine months I was taken off coumadin without being tested to see if there was an underlying condition/cause. As a result I got two more clots and, for the second time in two years, found my life in danger. I generally got the feeling that the important patients were those with cancer and the rest of us were a bother. It's not a competition, folks. Blood clots and emboli cause death too and should be taken just as seriously.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

Was worthless in my opinion. Was said to be a great specialist but wasted nearly 4 hours of my time waiting and then did NOTHING for me. Didn't listen to anything I said and had made up his mind (something not even relevant at all!) without ever hearing or wanting to hear my history, my symptoms, examining me, and left me as lost I was was in the month I waited to be seen. I would not recommend anyone go to this doctor- he was not what he's said to be by referring docs. Worst experience with a physician I've had and he was even insulting to my disability directly and I felt he played games in questioning everything I said about my symptoms or why I was there-- most of which he missed because he never seemed to even get why I was referred to his office. Unbelievably bad experience and will report back to my referring doc. What a waste of time for me at least!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Very knowledgeable, excellent bedside manner. All in all, he's a caring human being in addition to being a top-notch hematologist. I too have a rare bleeding/clotting disorder that is only problematic during pregnancy. He coordinated care with my obstetrician and really took interest in helping me. I didn't mind waiting for him -- he's worth seeing.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2006

I found Dr. Kessler to be extremely helpful and thorough. He and his staff took a lot of time going through my patient history trying to get the proper diagnosis. While I did wait for a little bit, I was not more than I would expect from someone who heads an Oncology department at a large teaching hospital.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2006

I wanted to like him, but I could not. I have seen doctors who were more knowledgeable. He did not call with test results, as he said he would. He was running 1 hour late, but I did not mind waiting. He did not fully explain the test results to me. He made a somewhat disparaging comment about another doctor. I made repeated calls to get my lab results, his staff was unresponsive. His recommendations contradicted another doctor’s recommendations and he never addressed this. If you are a good little patient he is probably fine, but I found him to be arrogant.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2006

I have a rare hereditary blood clotting disorder that is particularly problematic during pregnancy. Dr. Kessler was very thorough, taking a lengthy family and personal history. In addition, he and his staff provided excellent information and were kind and compassionate.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Kessler is the head of hematology at the Lombardi Cancer Center. I don't have cancer but I have a blood disorder. Dr. Kessler was extremely thorough and took plenty of time to explain my diagnosis and answer my questions.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Craig Kessler's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)