Ratings for Dr. Eugene Miknowski

I am a younger patient of his. I have seen a number of doctors about my condition and have been working with him for the past 5 years. I like that he is very direct and seems to be a very creative thinker. He has shown concern for my goals and for maximizing the potential for my abilities as opposed to only keeping me out of the hospital. His office is actually organized as I have never had a issue with my information. The staff have been very helpful (via phone or email) with prescriptions, accommodations, and other services. The wait is normally long because he is thorough with every patient. I have come to appreciate the wait for him because I know I will receive the same care. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I was a patient of Dr M for only a few years. He initially explained my situation and began to provide a diagnosis for it. He was extremely thorough and even had EMT take me to GW where I was tested in every as tea in an effort to determine if there may any things impacting on my diagnosis. For further confirmation he sent me to Johns Hopkins rheumatology. I moved south and my new Dr was very impressed with my medical history and care. Lov me so Dr M!!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I have been a patient for over 20 years. As I have aged Dr Miknowski ' s keen intellect permits, him to be proactive in ascertaining the root cause of your issue. I feel well cared for by him, especially with his referrals. He is a superb, competent and compassionate doctor, whom I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I am a long time patient and generally satisfied. Dr. Miknowski seems very competent and reasonable. His office is poorly run, however and could use more efficient, more courteous staff.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

I am a regular patient of Dr. Miknowski's partner, Dr. Taubin. Dr. T. referred me to Dr. M. for diagnosis of severe pain throughout my body, above and beyond osteoarthritis. Dr. M. immediately asked all the right questions and knew what was wrong with me. He even went beyond and questioned me about a leg injury that is still healing. He is an old-world doctor with the type of intuitive knowledge that most younger doctors lack today, and I liked him immediately. Will continue to consult him for this particular condition. Because I see Dr. Taubin, I am all too familiar with the people who pass themselves off as office staff -- sadly, I have to agree with all those who complain about their incompetence, and about the long waits. The nurses, on the other hand, are quite nice and quite competent.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

The wait is too long over an hour and once you get to see him, he is in a hurry, and will briefly and barely answer your questions, if at all. He comes across as not knowing your case, but will try to wing his way around. The last three times I went to his office, I waited over an hour and had to stand in the hallway waiting to see him in his office, and once I got in his office I felt frustrated because he was in a hurry and didn't seem to know what was going on with me.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008

I love Dr. Miknowskii!!! He always had time to talk to me about my problems and how I was feeling, but at the same time didn't overdramatize problems to make them seem more serious than they were. Too bad my insurance changed and I have to find a new doctor!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Dr. M is a superb physician. Moreover, his referrals are always to first class specialists. He has treated my wife and I for 15 years, and I wouldn't consider shifting. I can only guess that the poor ratings reflected in other comments stem from his office organization, which is awful. He and his partner (another very able doctor)focus on patient medical care, not on smiling staff. Since he grew up in Russia, he evidently got used to the Communistic sytem which apparently didn't care about amenities. I have learned to get around the bureaucracy of his blase staff, since I know that Dr. M is superbly trained and dedicated to his work. Although I am not medically trained, many in my family are, and I confident in my ability to assess his credentials and competence. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

I found this doctor through my HMO when I first moved to DC from NYC. I had been diagnosed with severe RA by 4 rheumys and was doing well on Remicade when I can to Dr. M. He decided, after seeing me for 5 minutes, that I wasn''t "sick enough" for Remicade and wanted me to stay on prednisone! He was awful! I found another rheumy the next day (ironically around the corner) and was treated well. I have been at that practice for 8 years now, and am still thriving on Remicade. I wrote a complaint to my HMO about Dr. M and he was removed from the doctor listing (I wasn''t the only complaint).

flag | Submitted February 23, 2008

I feel very privileged having this man as my doctor for over 10 years. He is busy. The office is full. But once in his care, he is serious, efficient, knowledgeable, and deeply involved. I couldn't ask for more.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008