Ratings for Dr. Raymond John Zimmerman

Dr. Zimmerman is GREAT, when he's actually there. It is almost impossible to get an appointment with him anymore! I can't say I blame him though, I wouldn't want to be there either. 1. The place is a DUMP! The waiting room looks like it hasn't been cleaned in 20+ years. 2. The staff is useless and rude. For example, everytime I call to have an inhaler refilled it takes them days to get it refilled and it would probably take longer if I didn't keep on them! More recently my husband called to get it refilled b/c I have been going out of town to tend to a sick family member. He called Thursday expressed the importance of it. They didn't even tell is Dr. Z was out of town. We found that out Friday when he called. He expressed the importance of it again and they said the NP would take care of it. Did she? NO! So now I am stuck without my inhaler until Tuesday! THIS PLACE IS A JOKE! Dr. Z is good but it doesn't make up for his awful lying staff! They are absolutely horrible!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

I have been seeing dr. zimmerman since I was in high school and he has to be the best doctor that I have had. He actually listened to me and what problems I have had happening and he did what he could to help me. If it wasn't for him I would have lost my bladder and never found out that I have Lupus. He really saved my life and I am grateful til this day and still receive treatment from him. He will go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure he has all the information before he does anything that needs to be done. He has even called me at home during the night just to let me know he got all my medical history before sending my to the right surgical staff. He is just the best doctor to go to in Indiana and trust me when I say this. I have seen all of them.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

He has no idea what's going on! He missed something on my MRI scan that almost cost me my ability to walk so now I'm faced with immediate back surgery. He also told me I have spinal arthritis, which is terribly vague, without running any blood tests to find out what kind of arthritis I have. And that just scratches the surface about this doctor! I have since found a new and wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Dr. Zimmerman is a very good doctor that always listens and helps. Unfortunately his staff (just the front desk) is on the other side of that spectrum. They are rude, unhelpful, dismissive and make you feel very unimportant. It's a shame that Dr. Zimmerman doesn't have a staff that matches his personality and treatment of patients.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr. Zimmerman has to be the best doctor in Indiana. He is so brilliant, and knowledable. He spends so much time with you, never rushes you out of his office. He saved my life because he went above and beyond to get me the right surgeon for my problem. I have referred so many people to him and they are forever grateful to me! My whole family just loves him.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

Dr. Raymond John Zimmerman's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Merrillville, IN