Ratings for Dr. Gregory B. McCoy

He is a fine Doctor and is a specialist. One cannot expect him to able to answer everything. It is up to us as patients to keep up on our care.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Gregory B. McCoy's response
Thank you for leaving this positive review. Take care -The Oregon Clinic

Submitted June 29, 2017

The worst Urologists I've ever seen. Talks over his pts without listening to them. Arrogant acting and tried to tell me what was wrong with me before even examining me. I came in with back and groin pain and a history of kidney stones. I had a bout of this 10 years ago so I knew what I was feeling. I've been in pain over a month now and he announced..."could just be back problems". Jesus...anyway, after an ultrasound showed a kidney stone in the right kidney and a cyst on my left kidney he still said he could not give me anything for the pain. That he would need a CT scan for my groin. I refuse to get a CT scan because of the radiation. He then said he could do surgery....anything to drive that bill up huh. So I told him he was a quack and am changing doctors. Thanks for a little more suffering Dr. McCoy. Why don't you do us a favor and retire with the money that you've made from people you haven't helped.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Gregory B. McCoy's response
We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Our number one priority is to provide quality care, and we are sorry that we did not meet your expectation. Please contact the nurse manager, Melinda, at (503) 274-4999 so we can help address your concerns. Thank you -The Oregon Clinic

Submitted April 14, 2017

Never have to wait. They have a good system that works. I can call in and the nurse is good at answering my questions in a friendly helpful manner. The nurses that assist the Doctor are great. They make any procedure as comfortable as it can be. Not a fan of most procedures, but getting rid of the bladder cancer was important. Also, I would avoid kidney stones, but it happened. I felt I was in excellent care. Dr. McCoy is good at communication. His honest clear answers make it easier for me to make the right decision . I appreciated the follow up phone calls. If you need a urologist, I would highly recommend Dr. McCoy.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Although my husband has yet to have his surgery, we have been very impressed with the doctor's level of professionalism. He listens attentively, answers all questions and promptly returns phone calls. We will write again after the surgery.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Gregory McCoy is obnoxious and rude, at the very least. At worst, he may have deliberately caused me needless pain when he punched the needle into my prostate while taking a biopsy. I screamed in pain loud enough to cause the office staff to rush into the procedure room to see if anything was wrong. Furthermore he may have deliberately committed malpractice. Before my prostatectomy he was explicitly told, by my girlfriend and myself, that we wanted a child. McCoy remained silent. This does seem odd to me now, for a doctor who works for a fertility clinic, because I've since been told by urologists that it's very common to store the sperm of men with prostate cancer facing the removal of their prostate. McCoy, consistent with his hateful demeanor toward me, said nothing about the possibility of sperm storage. I suspect this doctor is as miserable as he is wealthy.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

When an individual goes to a specialist, he should be graded on his surgical and diagnostic abilities. Staff, Puntuality and helpfullness are all secondary. This individual is a gifted surgeon. I have had two technically demanding procedures done by him, and I could not be happier Randy Tesar

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Doctor was abrupt, unhelpful, oblivious to my discomfort, gave me no briefing at the end of the procedure, left me in a pool of fluids without offering even a towel to clean up. I rate Dr. McCoy as one of the least satisfactory doctors I have ever encountered. In the period following the procedure, I experienced considerable pain and the result has been only marginally satisfactory. I would never return for followup treatment.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

I can't add much here to these comments that haven't been said before. He's rude. Makes you feel your asking questions is keeping him away from the country club. I have no idea how good his medicine is, but his personality is a zero. He has no interest in a conversation about your ailments. In my opinion, as a patient, your just cattle.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Went there with my dad for an exam and shot and he asked dr mccoy a simple question about bone density being affected by a luperine shot, and got a very snippy answer of well you know it does have an affect, we have talked about this before (with a laugh after saying so.) I then asked since i had not heard him or even met dr mccoy before and he said different effects for different people, so i than stated that he does have a bad leg and he said in a short manner, well check with the orthopedic doctor for more information. Dr Mccoy acted as though he was being bothered by a few questions and our being there, I do not recommend this dr at all.His manner and communication style was terrible short and not helpful at all!!!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

Dr. Gregory B. McCoy's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Request an appointment: http://www.oregonclinic.com/our-team/urology/gregory-mccoy Dr. McCoy completed his medical degree from Vanderbilt University in 1981 and his residency at Oregon Health & Sciences University in Portland in 1987. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Urology. He is a Fellow of the American Urologic Association, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a member of the Oregon Urologic Society and a Delegate of the Multnomah County Medical Society. His practice interests include robotic prostatectomy, seed implants for prostate cancer, laser and microwave treatment of prostatic obstruction, endoscopic kidney stone procedures and other minimally invasive surgery techniques. He also specializes in no scalpel vasectomy, microscopic vasectomy reversal and sling procedures for female incontinence.

• English

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Healthnet