Ratings for Dr. Elena-Maria Buruiana

I have been going to Dr. Buruiana for the past 6-7 years. I felt compelled to comments as all these comments are quite old. There were definitely growing pains as her practice grew, but all in all I'm still very happy and feel the service has only improved as she has added relevant bandwidth

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Great doctor, beautiful office. I've been going to her for almost 10 years. I've recommended her to others who swear by her as well!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I went to Dr. Buruiana for a few years and I was happy with her for routine checkups, etc. This changed when my husband and I started trying to conceive. Not only did she give me bad advice (the infertility specialists I saw later refuted her advice), I had a very hard time getting her to call me about one of my blood tests that I was worried about. I had to call the office every day for a week - I was repeatedly told that the Dr would call me after hours, and I would wait for her and receive no call. Finally at the end of the week I ranted to the ladies at her answering service, who were able to page her. She eventually called about an hour later. Throughout this, not one time did anyone apologize for keeping me hanging. Instead, I was made to feel like I was being a nuisance for repeatedly calling the office. One of her receptionists (Cecilia) is also quite rude and snapped at me several times. I do not want to be treated like this again. I will be looking for a different OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Buruiana is an excellent physician... IF you get to actually see her! They almost always call to reschedule and no matter what she is always behind in her schedule, so you will have to wait about 1.5 hrs. Then when you do see her, yes, she is quite nice, but the whole event is rushed because she is behind. So yes, the office is nice and she is quite nice herself and classy, BUT unless you have nothing better to do than wait around then I oblige you go elsewhere. It's really not worth it. It actually reminds me of those fancy velvet-rope clubs I used to go to.. Yes, very nice inside, but is it worth the wait? I think not. There are plenty of nice doctors in Manhattan.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

the best attention and care you can get from a doctor!!!!!i love her and all other patients i know love her too :)

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

Waiting time was over an hour and a half, and this is not the first time I have had to wait to see Dr Buruiana. That said, she is amazing and I LOVE her.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr. Buruiana is one of my favorite doctors. She's extremely professional and patient. She takes time to do a full examination and explain everything carefully, which is why the wait can be long. Best way to get around this is to take the first appointment. I've been going to been for 8 years and I've never been referred to as VIP and have ALWAYS has exceptional service. She has an excellent bed side manner and is very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Dr. Buruiana USED to be a caring, sweet, knowledgeable doctor... I have been going to her for more than 5 years, when she was still humble and cared about her patients. I have to say she got too big for her own head and is not the same doctor she used to be...unfortunately. Her staff seem to have followed that road with her...Very sad when doctors put priority on their businesses rather than on their patients.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Dr. Buruiana is a competent doctor, but her administrative staff made the experience very frustrating. I can count on waiting over one hour to see the doctor (even at 9AM!), and the Dr's staff, on numerous occasions, have submitted my insurance information incorrectly so i had to either pay out of pocket, or go through hours of bureaucratic hell. I am thankful that I am no longer going to her, and am seeing a doctor that respects her patience time and mental well being.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Going to an appointment with Dr. Buruiana is always a 2-3 hrs. ordeal. You will wait at least 45 minutes in the waiting room and every time, the excuse is that some VIP patient needed urgent care - what about the rest of us mortals? She is okay, but def. not spectacular. Although she seems to be knowledgeable, she seems to be in a rush - maybe for the "vip" patients?

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

Dr. Elena-Maria Buruiana's Credentials

• Inst De Med, Timisoara, Romania (Grad. 1992)

Commercial Insurance Company