Ratings for Dr. Laurel A. Stadtmauer

She is very SELF focused. I too had to suggest ideas after doing all of the research myself and was also treated like a cow. She actually tried giving me a Rx because she confused me with another patient! The staff is chaotic and you'll never get a straight answer from anyone. And the office admin staff actually go behind your back messing with your insurance! When I finally had enough and sought a new specialist this office actually contacted my ins. to extend their referral without my consent which caused a huge problem! They just wanted to give me a hard time! They're all about the $ and quotas. I was even given a Rx for Xenical and not told that Alli was the OTC equivalent. This medication is taken to remove the fat from the food you're digesting & excrete it. I was it would burn STORED fat that had accumulated because of my medical condition. I eat a low fat diet so these pills did nothing for me. What an idiot! SO glad I left. Stay away!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

The Jones Institute treated me like a cow they were trying to impregnate. Infertility is difficult in and of itself, but an unkind staff makes things worse. I'm sure their technical expertise is great, but their treatments are not individual based on your body... just based on what works best on the most number of patients. For IVF, they freeze the embryos on the third day so that they can select the ones that seem most viable. They don't tell you that the remaining embryos would thaw better if frozen immediately after conception. Again, I'm sure it's technically sound, but I would have liked having the option to do what was best for me. After going to a different doctor (in California) with an amazing bedside manner, I would say run away fast from the Jones Institute.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

Not very happy with her. I had to suggest ideas I learned about online when treatment wasn't working. She agreed to go along with it, when she should have been the one doing the suggesting! She is the doctor, not me!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2007

Dr. Laurel A. Stadtmauer's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1987)

Pacificare