Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Bowser

Dr. Bowser has been my doctor for over 10 years. His office is very busy. Always has been. When I visit I usually have a list of questions that we plow through after my exam. He has been very respectful of that as I am with his crazy schedule. Exam, Q&A and I'm on my way. If you aren't proactive about your healthcare you only have yourself to blame. If you want a doctor who is going to coddle & stroke Dr. Bowser is not your guy. If you want a good natured doctor to give you the answers/more info that you need he's the one. I have been very pleased with Dr. Bowser. Plus he laughs at my jokes.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

I only saw him once, when my doc was unavailable and I had an emergency of sorts. His manner was a little abrupt and very much that he was the doc and I the patient - if I needed a new doc, I wouldn't choose him, but I like a very friendly, empathatic manner and some people don't. He wasn't up to date in the current treatment options for my condition, but most other docs aren't either. Since seeing him and about 8 other docs to try and resolve my condition, other docs haven't known, either, but have been willing to learn. I'm not sure he wanted to, but that could be because he knew he wasn't my primary doctor, that my condition was sort of rare, and that he'd not see me again. He did spend quite a bit of time with me (at least 20 minutes, which in the HMO world is a lot), but seemed hurried and rushed (which in the HMO world, he probably was).

flag | Submitted April 30, 2007

My experience with Dr. Bowser has always been good. He is to the point, very knowledgable and helpful, and accurate.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

Cold, distant, slow, unfriendly, doesn't want input from patients, not gay-friendly bordering on openly hostile. Sniffles or a broken toe, fine, but much beyond that, not good

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Robert L. Bowser's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

• BCBS Massachusetts