Ratings for Dr. Stephen Harry Herdman

I have been seeing Dr. Herdman for 25 years and my children now go to him. He has always honored my intelligence by explaining treatment options and letting me choose. He is open to alternative therapies and a genuinely caring individual with a good sense of humor. I know he is an excellent diagnostician who does not stall on referring to other M.D.'s because I developed two auto-immune diseases that required treatment by a specialist. And while he knows the whole family picture, he has always been tactful with us individually. Especially good with teens! Highest recommendation!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr. Herdman was recommended by my wife's OB GYN, delivered our son. He is now our entire family doctor. He is on time, and you do not have to wait. If you do...then he is on his way to deliver bsby. On Average he spends 5-15 minutes per visit with us. He takes his time, and is concerned about his patients.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

The worst doctor I was unfortunate to encounter. I wouldn't send a snake to him. Unpleasant personality: too "know it all" for me. Extremely self satisfied: I know being an m.d. requires some smarts, but he doesn't show them.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2011

As long term patients of Dr. Herdman (>10 years), I have appreciated his ability to discuss medical issues and work with my experience and concerns. He treats me as a partner in my healthcare. He is very professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr Herdman has been my husband's doctor for 20 years and I switched to him shortly after we married. He's attended me through three pregnancies and is very dedicated to making sure our family receives the best care. I like that he stresses healthy lifestyle changes for most issues first, yet is willing to prescribe medication or refer to specialists when necessary. All of our children have had health concerns of some type or another, and I feel Dr Herdman was wonderful at supporting us and helping us make decisions on what steps would be best to take for our children's best interests. Being a baby delivering doctor, sometimes the wait is a bit long, but I've never had it be ridiculous without a phone call first, warning me he was running quite late (only has happened once!) My husband and I are very thankful for Dr Herdman and his lovely staff! I really appreciate having a family doctor, so that all five of us are attended by the same person, who has known us for years.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Herdman for over 6 years. I have had several issues in my family and he has dealt with each and every one with professionalism and compassion. His staff are competent and kind. I would and have recommended several people to him. His calm manner and professional interaction is what will keep me coming back.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Dr. is professional, knowledgeable,courteous and kind. Been our family dr. for about 20 yrs. Willing to refer for specialist when needed, and not an alarmist. Gives balanced recommendations.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

I've been a patient of Dr. Herdman's for over 20 years. I trust him completely. He has accurately diagnosed me, or referred me, more times than I can count. He is my children's physician and I don't take that choice lightly. A quality caring person as well.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

DR HERDMAN WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRID. I WAS REAR-ENDED AT AN INTERSECTION, AND HAD NOT ESTABLISHED A RELATIONSHIP WITH A LOCAL PHYSICIAN YET. AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS OF PAIN AND PHYSICAL THERAPY, I WAS TOLD BY DR HERDMAN THAT I WAS JUST GOING TO HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE PAIN. AFTER ONE YEAR, I FINALLY FOUND A DIFFERENT DOCTOR, WHO REFERRED ME TO MASSAGE THERAPY FOR MY INJURY. IT DIDN'T MAKE IT GO AWAY COMPLETELY, BUT AFTER A FEW SESSIONS I WAS ABLE TO TURN MY HEAD FROM SIDE TO SIDE WITHOUT MY NECK SEIZING UP ON ME. I WAS APALLED AT DR HERDMAN'S LACK OF CONCERN, AND WOULD NEVER REFER ANYONE TO HIM.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

He always takes his time on visits and listens to my concerns. He has refered me many times to other docs when needed. I trust him with my health and feel he is an excellent advocate for my health.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

Dr. Stephen Harry Herdman's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1984)

Dentemax