Ratings for Dr. John D. Farrell

We have been seeing the docs at SR Peds since my daughter was born in 2010. The staff is always very helpful; Dr John and Dr Dina are our favorites but we like all of them. I highly recemmend them.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr John Farrell is excellent! He is super friendly, completely knowledgeable and caring. We absolutely love this pediatrician!!! We can always get in for an appointment right away. The nurses call right back with detailed assistance for non emergency calls as well. I can't say enough great things about Dr John

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Love this pediatrician! Excellent service by staff in person and on phone. I love that they have a nurse call me back for more 'basic' diagnosis to save me a trip into the office; and it's FREE to get the over the phone care during normal hours. Also love the doctors! Mostly Ben, Shannon, Lynn and John. We've been going here for 8 years now and recommend this practice to anyone who asks!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

I have been taking my children to Farrell Pediatrics (also known as South riding Pediatrics)in South Riding for over two years now. South Riding is a community in desperate need of another Pediatricians office. The community has grown so large so fast that the quality of service at this location is no better than taking your child to an overcrowded overwhelmed emergency room. You are just another number/co-pay here. This practice has fallen apart before my very eyes and I have decided that I would rather take my children to my Family Practice Dr than to continue to subject my children to the sub-par treatment you will receive from this office. A couple of the Physicians are great (Dr Ben and Dr Lynn) but very overwhelmed and virtually impossible to get an appointment with. Take my advice and find a different place to take your children (if you truly care about the treatment they will receive). I for one prefer personalized care and do not want my children being just a number.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

when you are trying to make an appt, they never have any spot open and they tell you to call back later... :(

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

South Riding Pediatrics is too overwhelmed to properly care & diagnose patients, which is very dangerous!! My son was misdiagnosed at least 3 times by Dr. Ferrell & he appears to be to arrogant to listen to the parents of his patients. And I'm talking some serious misdiagnoses that have let my child suffering from topical steroid dependency & covered in a biazzare skin rash from head to toe which will take months to recover from.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

I have been with Dr. Farrell in Reston since 1997. Since then he became much bigger and opened another location. His practice now is very dissapointing and the staff is nothing but rude. Their customer service is the worst! It's too bad because Dr. Farrell was highly recommanded and I thought he was an excellent doctor. I'm sure he doesnt realize how far his practice has gone down hill. On a sale from 1-10 its now a 1 comapred to the 10 he was in 1997!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2009

Agree with all the other negative comments. All the docs are really nice, unfortunately I wasn't looking for a new best friend. They left my son's reflux untreated for 4 mos and b/c of it he now has a GI Ped, Ped Dietician and an Allergist. He wasn't gaining wgt at all; they said it was "just the way he was" but no, it wasn't, it was b/c he was allergic to dairy! Glad we switched! And the triage nurse is awful.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

This now a substandard practice, which is unfortunate because when Dr. Farrell's father ran it, it was great. It has now become nothing more than a business where you and your children are treated as customers as opposed to patients. The "triage" done by the nurse (not the doctor) is nothing short of a joke. And if you discuss the issues with the doctors they will simply refer you to the office manager. It felt like the doctors have no desire to take responsibility for THEIR practice, and in turn treatment and patients (or as they see you - customers) suffer. Whose practice is it - the doctor's or the office manager's? The doctors seem unwilling to take any responsibility for what is going on, and I think that is why it is a revolving door for docs - anybody who is skilled and dedicated will be unlikely to stay. I used to love them, now I left, but they just don't seem to listen to the concerns of patients. I guess that is what they pay an office manager for.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Farrell is fine, but the office staff at South Riding Pediatrics is incompetent. My daughther had her scheduled appt to receive her 9-month old shots, and when we arrived they claimed the appt was cancelled...even though they had call 2-days prior to confirm the appt. I even explained how I had taken off work & taken her out of daycare to come to the appt, and all they said was "sorry, some how your appt was deleted and we don't have any openings untill Nov. (was over 2months away). Bottom line: the office staff sucks!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

Dr. John D. Farrell's Credentials

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med, Charlottesville Va 22908 (Grad. 1992)

• Blue Cross Of California