Ratings for Dr. Thomas Meola

I have seen him several times over the past couple of years for skin checks and he removed a small basal cell. He is thorough, knowledgeable, communicative and caring. He is an excellent listener and explains his reasoning and recommendations. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Despite the fact that Dr. Meola is accepting new patients I was told that I am not allowed to see him based on the fact that I went to a different dermatologist that used to work in the same building. Basically because I saw this other doctor once he is refusing to see me whereas if I had come off the street as a new patient he would have seen me. Be warned that this is the type of policy enacted by Dr. Meola.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

A rare doctor who takes the time to listen to you. He did a biopsy in the office, and took the time to explain why he was doing it, and did the proceedure quickly and competently. I highly recommend him. A very nice man who cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Meola was great. Knowledgeable, kind and patient. He actually listens to you and your concerns and he made sure I understood all my options. Great guy that made me feel very relaxed. One of the best doctors I've had, anywhere. I never write reviews of anything, but I felt compelled to after the care I received, I felt like people needed to know. Having a Dr. who doesn't listen is a horrible experience. I would recommend Dr. Meola to anyone looking for a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2008

Dr. Meola is the best doctor in the world, and I don't think I'm exaggerating. He is so kind, caring, intelligent and has a great sense of humor! I've been to a few other dermatoligists and no other doctor was able to treat my problem except Dr. Meola. He is definitely the best and I'm so lucky to have found him!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2006

Dr. Meola is simply the best -- knowledgeable, warm, kind, caring, responsive, and efficient. Over the years, he's dealt with my dermatological issues (fortunately, none very serious) swiftly and confidently, treating me as an intelligent adult of equal status. Dr. Meola is one of those special, rare physicians you meet every so often if you're lucky -- the real deal. Am I painting a saint in a white coat? Check out his wicked sense of humor!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2006

A wonderful professional and social demeaner adds comfort and confidence to his obvious unsurpassed medical education, knowledge and experience. Listens, is considerate, respectful, and puts his patients at ease. Follows up with patient test results in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2005

Dr Meola has been great over the past several years. He's very clear and complete with his answers, his knowledge is exceptional (he is also an instructor at NYU Med School). Yet he makes the knowledge understandable, and cuts through much medical jargon. I went in for another issue, and he immediately spotted what turned out to be skin cancer. He quickly arranged to have it removed, without causing panic. He is friendly yet businesslike. He teaches other doctors, and that is appropriate: he is a role model!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Thomas Meola's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)