Ratings for Dr. Newton G. Yco

Best Dr in Reno,Nv. He is AWESOME !!!!! VeryPatient and listens to your concerns. Highly Recommend !!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I wouldn't recommend this doctor. His staff are rude, makes you feel like you're the biggest problem that they've ever encountered. Don't waste your time coming here. I had to do my own follow-up about my referrals, which they will make sure to make you wait for as long as 6 months. There was only one staff that was nice and it was the one who takes your vital stats. Dr. Yco is nice, but you're not gonna be satisfied with your visits especially if your condition is not as common as other health problems. Very depressing experience for me.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Yco literally saved my life. At a recent annual physical he detected a blockage in my left carotid artery, and referred me immediately to a vascular surgeon who completed a life-saving surgery within 4 days. I was told by the surgeon and the anesthesiologist just prior to surgery that I was very lucky to have a doctor who could accurately detect this problem. I have been a patient of Dr. Yco's for over 12 years. He has ALWAYS been extremely thorough, professional, caring and attentive. At every appointment I am seen by Dr. Yco within minutes of my appointment time. I have never felt rushed, just the opposite. Dr. Yco always takes the time to explain everything to me, to listen to all my questions and to answer them clearly. His staff are quick, attentive, and personable. Each time I go to Dr. Yco's office the staff make me feel like a long-lost friend. I have proudly recommended Dr.Yco to friends and acquaintances looking for an excellent primary care physician.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Books too many patients in one day, so it takes weeks to get an appt and once you do it takes FOREVER to be seen. Dr Yco rushes thru the visit and his staff is the worst. Everyone in the office is rude, rushed and act like you're bothering them by being there. Refill requests get ignored and calls don't get returned. Finding a new doc now after my lay visit.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Unprofessional, no support or follow through from either doctor in the building.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Dr. Yco and the office manager, who also happens to be his wife, are very good at what they do. They always try to take a moment to say hi and get to know you. Dr. Yco is a fabulous doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone. At most doctors office you can expect for the doctor to be in and out but not Dr. Yco! Thumbs up for Dr. Yco and his office! Thanks for everything!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

After moving to Reno, I made an appointment for an initial consultation with Dr. Yco based upon a recommendation from a friend. I've never been happier with a physician. He was very thorough in building my history and then gave me a brief but, life saving exam. He detected a growth in my neck that I had not noticed. After tests recommended by Dr, Yco, it was determined that the growth was a malignant thyroid tumor. I underwent surgery and radiation in mid 2010. My subsequent visits to Dr. Yco's office have been equally beneficial. Dr. Yco is a healer. He is concerned about the entire person and is an extremely gifted and caring doctor. I owe my life to him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Staff was so rude. Doctor did not take time to explain anything. Very depressing experience.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

I left my previous physician to become a patient of Dr.Yco and it was a wise decision. Dr. Yco has a passion for his job and his patients; his staff is very friendly and knowledgeable as well. I appreciate the fact that Dr.Yco doesn't always tell me what I want to hear, he tells it like it is good or bad. While waiting for Dr. Yco to see me, if he is running late, and I am in the examining room already, he will always stop in, and acknowledge my presence. This shows a real professionalism on Dr Yco's part. I highly recommend him! :)

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr. Yco has the most awful staff of all the doctors I've been to, and even though he is a very personable doctor, he is actually not that knowledgeable. He makes his prescriptions based on the fact that drug reps pay him to do so, even without thouroughly examining you. He takes too many patients in one day and doesn't spend enough time with them, basically just to earn as much in one day as possible, and his office manager is one of the rudest people I know (and she even happens to be his wife. What a horrible person!)... I will never go back there again.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Newton G. Yco's Credentials

• Western U Hlt Sci Col Osteo Med Of The Pacific, Pomona Ca 91766 (Grad. 1997)