You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth F. Callahan

I don't want to look as if I had work done, but I want to look better. Dr. Callahan is a true artist with a needle. I wouldn't trust anyone else to inject my face.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

I found Dr Callahan and her nurse at the time of my service to not have an ounce of empathy. I have a severe needle phobia/panic attacks. I spoke with reception on booking and was assured that would not be a problem for the staff or Doctor. They handle this problem all the time. That was not my experience at all. I was made to feel like a 2 year old, the doctor leaving the room in a very rude manner which prolonged the panic. Would not recommend her for any services. Mainly I think they are just for expensive facial products and procedures. Compassion is no where to be found in this practice.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Found everyone very helpful from front desk , to MA's to the Doctor and the Checkout desk. All staff here are very friendly

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

She has great credentials & runs a very professional, caring, clinic with great expertise in skin cancer surgery.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

I am a women in my seventies who has lived in Sarasota for most of my life. Naturally my skin has experienced extensive sun exposure. I recently needed a dermatologist capable of handling cosmetic concerns and their solutions as well as any serious problems due to my aging skin. After doing research, I had selected Dr Callahan because she has the extensive training and experience to expertly treat any problems I might have. I felt that a women would be more understanding and sympathetic in dealing with a woman's cosmetic and medical dermatology issues. As an added plus, she is an animal lover, and is active in many charities benefiting animal welfare.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Wonderful experience. Brooke and Sandy took great care of me and made me feel as if I was the only patient in the office. I drive 150 miles now to have facials by April and Dr. Callahan's skin care line are pure gold.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

The BEST Botox job I have ever had. I will not go to anyone else ever again. She has the BEST staff, its quick, and doesn't hurt, and looks PERFECT after it sets in. Thankyou Dr C!!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

I felt very welcomed and that I was going to be taken care of. I just moved here from northern Indiana, and found out that my dermatologist there was a resident under her at the Mayo Clinic! I have a lot of skin cancer lesions. She and her staff are very qualified. I would (and do) recommend her ALWAYS.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

Lovely & Warm. Cares about her patients very much.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr. Elizabeth F. Callahan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

SkinSmart Dermatology® was founded in 2005 by Medical Director Elizabeth Callahan, MD. She combines many years as a top-rated dermatologic surgeon with her extensive experience and passion for reconstruction and facial anatomy. In addition to her anti-aging and facial rejuvenation expertise, Dr. Callahan is one of the Suncoast area’s top-rated Mohs surgeons. She uses her combined skills in facial anatomy and reconstruction to help patients diagnosed with facial skin cancers. She crafts a comprehensive approach to treat each individual’s situation. Dr. Callahan has consistently been named as one of the top dermatologists in the nation by her peers, according to Castle Connolly, the premier top doctor list provider in the United States. Background and Experience Board-certified dermatologic surgeon University of Vermont Medical School graduate Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio internship and residency in dermatology Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, fellowship in Mohs skin cancer surgery as well as laser, and cosmetic dermatologic surgery Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery American Society of Dermatologic Surgery member American Society for Laser Medicine member Physician and trainer for Allergan and Galderma® (including BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, Restylane® , JUVEDERM VOLUMA, and JUVÉDERM® ) Speaker -trainer for Merz (Radiesse, Belotero Balance and Xeomin) Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2010-2015

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• Castle Connolly Top Doctor

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I don't want to look as if I had work done, but I want to look better. Dr. Callahan is a true artist with a needle. I wouldn't trust anyone else to inject my fa..."

July 23, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.sarasotadermatologist.com" to "http://www.sarasotadermatologist.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "34230" to "34243". Address has been updated from "None" to "5911 North Honore Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "+19413087546" to "19413087546".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "She is an exceptionally knowledgeable and efficient doctor, with a very capable staff."

March 14, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=183591'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.7

February 5, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

May 15, 2012
  • City changed from "UNIVERSITY PARK" to "Sarasota"

January 10, 2012