Ratings for Dr. Roger M. Shea

We had the best experience with Dr. Shea! He is a great doctor, great with babies, let's you text/call him anytime, and has a great bedside manner. It's hard to find a doctor that embodies all of those traits in one person. We saw him for our 9-month old baby getting ear tube surgery. We had two visits at his office before the surgery, and Dr. Shea was very informative about the surgery and was so sweet with our baby. Dr. Shea gives you his cell phone and let's you know you can call him anytime, I even talked to him on a Saturday morning, honestly they were simple questions, about our baby having a cold, that I could have just asked my pediatrician about - but Dr. Shea was there for us. On surgery day he was great. He talks so sweet to your baby, makes you feel so comfortable, lets you stay with your baby as long as possible and comes to get you as soon as possible after the surgery. He even went out of his way to do the surgery on a day he wasn't planning on being at the hospital. He definitely puts his patients first and does anything for them (did I mention the cell phone, scheduling us in on a day he wasn't doing surgery, and being so helpful along the way). Now that we have the ear tubes in, we are scheduled to go back for an office visit. We can not wait to tell Dr. Shea about what a great experience we had with him and all the hospital staff who helped us, and our baby has been beyond happy since the day we brought him home from ear tube surgery! I'd recommend everyone to go see Dr. Shea!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2019

Dr. Shea goes above and beyond for his patients. I am very impressed and thankful that my one year old is in such excellent and caring hands. I am able to reach him when needed, and he makes time on weekends/off days to see her. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

He was 1 1/2 hrs late for my appointment. When I mentioned it to him, he said he had been busy. At the end of my appointment, he said I'll see you in a year, no, make that 2 years. I guess he didn't want me as a patient.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

Excellent Doctor and Surgeon opened up my sinus cavity that was full with polyps. Very kind and thoughtful of patients and attends to their necessary needs.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

Dr. Shea is so amazing with the kids he makes them feel so comfortable

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Yeah Dr Shea, Thank you so, so much for helping my ear to get better, so glad you were recomended to me....it's wonderful to be ear pain free...Thank you again and again...Kim Desideri

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

My review concerns Dr Shea's staff. My insurance was verified both with his office and my insurance company. I transferred all the necessary documents concerning tests and MRI's. I filled out the pre-registration form in detail which included my insurance information. The office called to confirm my appointment. I arrived 15 minutes early. My appointment was refused because he did not accept my insurance. Unbelievable! My appointment should never have confirmed in the first place. I had a great deal of time and energy invested in this appointment including an hour commute.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Dr. Shea is a great surgeon and it's unfortunate that his office functions so poorly. His office has charged me incorrectly two times and has had to reimburse me after. This office also charges you before they run it through your insurance and so far there have been continuous mistakes. At check out, they said I owed $300 and I told them that wasn't correct. They wouldn't let me leave until I paid the $300. I called my insurance company and they said indeed that was incorrect and I actually owed $51. Big difference. I don't even want to take my son back for follow-up appointments and am ready to just take him to a new surgeon. Horrible experience with this office. Consider others to avoid LOTS of billing headaches. I wish I had know this before we decided on Dr. Shea.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr Shea diagnosed and treated my daughter for Tonsillitis while she was a freshman at Florid State university. Due to his extreme diligence she was able to finish the year before he removed her tonsils. He took an acute personal interest in my daughters well being and needs. He is not only a great physician but also a compassionate and caring human being. If only there where more like him. I highly recomend him

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Amazing experience! Very nice environment. My daughter needed surgery, I was very worried. He gave my husband and I his personal phone number just in case we needed anything. I would recommend Dr. Shea to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr. Roger M. Shea's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1990)