Ratings for Dr. Preston Winters

Excellent doctor, pleasant personality. Group practice surrounding him is less satisfying.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Dr. Winters is a thorough and knowledgeable doctor. I never had a problem with him calling back with test results. He is always concerned about a patients health. I would always rate him a 10.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

He is adorable BUT definitely, not a sensitive or gentle kind of doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

He is very disrespectful and talked DOWN to me as a patient. His opinion is the ONLY opinion that MATTERS.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

I came to see Dr. Winters based on research done on this website and others. Dr. Winters and his assistant (Ann) were very professional. I was given a very thorough series of tests, exams, and interview questions. I never felt rushed, and everything was done professionally. I am over 55 and haven't seen a family doctor in about 7 years, but I felt very comfortable with Dr. Winters. Dr. Winters called me after normal office hours with results of my lab tests. I found him personable and knowledgeable and have chosen him as my permanent family doctor. - B.E. White Plains

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Preston Winters was a much more thorough and responsive physician when he had his own practice. But now that he is part of a large group, the staff is not very helpful or knowledgable unfortunately.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

I echo an earlier comment regarding his assistant. It has taken as many as 4 and 5 calls to get a call back. He is a great doctor who was not part of a group until a couple of years ago. Since that change, service has suffered. It is extremely frustrating trying to get a reply from his assistant - ever! We call very,very infrequently - but when we do call -it is for a valid reason. I expect the courtesy of a callback- without having to call again and again and again.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Patient and understanding doctor. I would rate him a 5 if he got a new assistant who is more responsive to the phone calls of his patients

flag | Submitted May 10, 2007

He listens to everything you have to say. Never rushes. Excellent.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2007

Fabulous doctor. Really cares about his patients and treats you like a human. I've recommended him to many family members and friends who found him very knoweldgeable, kind and caring.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2006

Dr. Preston Winters's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1974)

Amerigroup