Ratings for Dr. Daniel A. Deems

As a new patient there for ENT evaluation, I was surprised to see that his office is really in a sort of PT rehab environment but even more surprised when he began "up selling" his balance business in the rehab portion of the center rather than focusing on why I was really there. Then when it came time to scope me through the nose and throat, I was never offered an anesthetic which is the norm and it was an uncomfortable experience. The good news is that I have no tumors or issues. The bad news I've already explained but wanted to also mention that upon exiting the building, was chased down by someone other than the doctor to inquire if I wanted to make an appointment for a balance test. Was never there for that!!! Not a fan.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Deems removed what several doctors and a radiologist called the largest salivary gland stone they had ever seen! Dr. Deems assured me that he could do out patient surgery to remove the stone, even though two other doctors had said I would need an overnight stay in the hospital and a drain in my incision! Dr. Deems had to remove the gland with the stone, as they were entertwined, but my recovery was terrific and I flew to Chicago 5 days after my surgery! Dr. Deems is a wonderful surgeon - I am so happy I chose him!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Deems is by far the best ENT in the country. I had sinus surgery in 1999 and since then I have become a new person. He is professional, kind, considerate and worth any amount of time you have to wait to see him. He has been my doctor since 1997 and we are so lucky to have him in our area. Those who find fault with him obviously find fault with any doctor that they see. You will never find another ENT better than he! OUTSTANDING!!!!! The best!!!

Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Deems removed a very large tumor from my parotid gland and performed neck reconstruction (like plastic surgery) since this would have left a noticeable dent in my neck. The surgery came out beautiful, you cant tell I even had surgery and had many compliments on how I look. In my opinion , he is the best Head and Neck ENT surgeon in Charlotte, Lee, Manatee and Sarasota counties. Before I discovered Dr Deems, I had searched these areas for months looking for a good surgeon, spoke to a few and none could give me a positive outlook for my surgery, telling me I could have temporary paralysis for one year on side of my face where surgery was and also permanent paralysis of my ear. This was disturbing to me and I was determined to find an experienced doctor that could give me a better prognosis. I found that In Dr. Deems. My first visit, he assured me of a very positive outlook and I would love my look. He was absolutely right and I do love the way I look. He is an excellent surgeon with years of experience. So very glad I chose him to do my surgery. If you are looking for the best surgeon, you need not look any futher than Dr. Deems.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I had thyroid surgery today and I am already fine! I was up and talking within an hour after my surgery and the nurses couldn't believe it! (Trust me I don't usually do so well with these things). I visited Dr. Deem's office twice before my surgery, the wait for the first visit was less than 30 minutes and the other was over an hour BUT it was SOOOOOO worth the wait. He takes his time with each patient and that's why the wait is a little longer. I am a professional singer and I was so scared to have the surgery and I am so, so happy that I went with Dr. Deems. He may seem a little pompous at first, but he is confident and he knows what he is doing. I would suggest going with him over any other ENT in Manatee/Sarasota County!!! I am counting my blessings!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

This doctor is the most devoted, passionate doctor I have ever met. He literally saved my life. I had stage 4 cancer of tonsils. He did a radical neck dissection, removed my jugular vein and you can't see a scar. He also has done several follow up exams and doesn't even take my insurance. You might have to wait to see him because he takes however much time he needs with you. He's my hero and should be yours.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

I went to see him with a double ear infection I had been suffering from for 10 months, my ears were itching terribly. He said he could cure it in 2 weeks. I was doubtful about that, but hopeful, he was the Doctor. 2 weeks later I was not cured. He asked another Dr in his office with more experience to come in and see me. They said conflicting things and told me he had seen people with my condition live with this for 20 years and I should simply stop itching my ear. That was not good advice in my opinion. My ear shouldn't be itching. I was there to see him to cure my itchy ears. I changed Doctors.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2010

Be prepared to wait at least 2 hours!! He never runs on time which is inconsiderate to us patients who are waiting. My appt. was at 11:30am and I didn't get called back until 1:30pm. That was my first vist and last!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2009

I had melanoma on my ear and he did the surgery for me. He was very pleasant and assured me everything was going to be okay which it was. He did a wonderful job with the grafting and the scar on my neck, what scar. You can't even see it. I would refer him to anybody!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

Dr. Deems performed a thyroidectomy on me. The first time I met him, at my surgical consultation, he seemed a little arrogant and made a dismissive comment that patients shouldn't do medical research on the internet. Other than that, he seemed competent and nice and I liked him. Throughout the other visits -- day of surgery, post-surgery, follow-up visit several weeks later -- I grew to like him more and more. He is an excellent surgeon, which is the most important thing, and he is pleasant and professional and nice. I'm very glad that I chose Dr. Deems as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2008

Dr. Daniel A. Deems's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)