Ratings for Dr. Richard M. Hays

TERRIBLE IMHO. Dr. Hays' office is run in my opinion like a factory. Calling his office results in long wait times only to be sent to a voicemail. Those voice mails are many times, not returned. I had appointments with 3 specialists last week. None of the referrals were at the specialist office in time for my appointments. I called Hays after the 2nd referral was not sent. His staff said they were "short staffed" that the HMO was holding up the referrals despite never having sent requests to the HMO for 2 of the referrals, that the referral person was on vacation for 2 weeks, that they were backlogged, etc.... I finally spoke with Hays and he said he would immediately take care of the problems. But two days later, at my 3rd appointment, again no referral or chart info was sent as requested. I wrote this Bozo a letter and put him on notice of his dangerous practice and its potential harm and informed him I was going to report him to the HMO, review him on Social Media, etc. He was more concerned about my reporting him than resolving the problems. Wow!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

we moved back from KY in November 2014 and we had Dr. Hays, Lisa Cohen from 2005 -2010 and of course I wanted to go back to them. I had lab work done in Dec and had updated my address on my first visit back only to get a collection call today from Quest Diagnostic and found out they gave them our address from 2007 instead the new one. The staff kept insisting that they do not give QD addresses and it was my fault that I did not give them my new one.. well we lived in KY from 2010 - 2014 and not even in Florida... after 2 hrs on the phone and no help I finally was allowed to talk to the office manager who again said it is QD fault and they have nothing to do with it.. QD had called by then the office of Dr. Hays and they admitted to them they DID give QD the wrong address and this is after they messed up on my physical that was charged wrongly and they kept calling my prescription to wrong pharmacy over and over again, after telling them correct address and phone nr. The staff is worthless and I really loved Dr. Hays and Lisa Cohen... so now I have bad credit and nobody apologizes or calls me back and I lost a great doctor.....

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF! Just try calling. You will be left on hold in an endless loop. I tried setting my phone down, and I was on hold over 1.5 hours to try and schedule an appointment. My wife was having a procedure done and needed her lab results for the surgeon. We had to actually just drive over to the office instead of calling, as it is so difficult to get through. Then the front office staff acted like it was a huge bother to help. Have been going for years, and it has gotten unbearable. Usually, you end up seeing a PA and never the doctor anyway.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

I had just moved to the area and did not have a doctor or any recommendations for a doctor for my son. I didn't have a pediatrician lined up yet, but DR. Hays came to the hospital the day after my son was born to help with any questions and to give us his card. We gave him a try and really enjoyed him. He is a family doctor,so he told us that babies are a priority at his office. If my son was sick they would squeeze him in right away. Dr. Hay's is very down to earth and always makes my husband and I feel comfortable. He is really personable and never makes me feel like any question is stupid. I highly recommend him and feel lucky to have found him. Unfortunately, for us, We are moving out of state and really wish we could continue to use him as our sons Doctor. But, whoever finds him, is very lucky!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Originally took my kids to him almost 25 years ago. Was great when on Lake Worth rd. Now the staff are terrible- frequent mistakes in billing and prescriptions called in. He was always good about calling in rx for minor things if he had seen you recently but it is almost impossible to get anyone to call you back anymore- even to make an appt. Practice got too big I think.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

Error in diagnosis; terrible office staff does not return calls; no access to the doctor ony PA's; incredibly inefficient; don't go here if you actually want to see a doctor. Even with a multi-week wait for an appointment to see him specifically, I was pushed off to a PA for an annual physical.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2012

The staff, especially Lisa, the PA are very helpful. Dr. Hays himself is steady, reliable, and VERY knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

Dr. Richard M. Hays's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Amerigroup