Ratings for Dr. Thelma T. Fernandez

If you are lucky enough that they answer the phone, you better pray they follow through. Usually, you'll be better by the time you can be seen by the dr. Appointments generally are set 4-6 weeks from the time you call. A trip to the ER is supposed to get you in sooner, but they don't respond to ER orders either. Good luck! Better to go homeopathic unless you need a bone set or some surgical procedure. Even then you'll need the dr to get a referral. Again. Good luck. I clearly don't.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I went in for my stomach came out with an inhaler prescription. Went back in cause it was still bothering me. I wanted a scan or something. Never heard back from anyone. It's been a year. I'm never going back there again. I told her what it felt like and that it hurt. She didn't seem to care. And the other Doctor is just as bad.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Dr. Fernandez was very thorough, asked alot of questions..Was not in a rush and took her time to examine my mother, explained everything in a way my mother was able to understand. I am happy with her for my mothers care..

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I have seen this doctor for years and she has always been great to me. She knows when to send me for emergency care and has always visited me after procedures that were done at AV hospital. She is a very caring doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

I felt like I had to guide her. She didn't to give me a prescription for an epi pen which could save my life if I had an allergic reaction, yet she was way too willing to prescribe an antidepressant which I didn't want.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

this dr never told me of my high cholesterol of 254" high ldl this dr is the worst she did not go to medical school in the usa, it was in the philipines she gave me what ever i ask for in terms of meds like M jacksons Dr good luck

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

My son was sick and I tired to get in appointment with him early in the morning and was told the only available appoint was in 2 weeks. No one seemed to want to help. To make this story short I visit the urgent care a lot and never meet the DR!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2010

this Doctor refused to come to the ER when I was taken there. I had a 10mm Kidney Stone and the ER wanted me to be admitted. They felt I could not pass such a big stone. She refused. 8 hours later, another doctor I didn't know came and released me with the understanding that I contact this doctor the next morning to set up surgery. I did. This doctor told me to go home and wait for her call. I am still waiting. Somehow, I managed to pass that huge stone 7 days later but the ER Doctors told me I was at very great risk and had needed surgery. I was lucky that time but never went back to this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009